Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Skeleton on view change

Is this still the same problem, Rich

Slow loading VC pmdg 777 and a quick skeleton when showing spot plane

and

other aircraft are fine

So this is a matter that this one aircraft is slow to load?

Does your motherboard have an on-board graphics card?

Answered my own question. It doesn't.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

One of the fixes for users with an on-board gpu as well as a TITAN (or other) is to enable the onboard gpu as well, to always be on, and to increase the on-board graphics card memory.

A pain, I know, and I'm assuming you have four x 8GB dimms, but what I would like you to do, is to remove two of them, leaving you with 16GB. We may find that the latency caused by such a large amount of ram is causing a bottleneck. Go to it, and I'll wait here.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Enable on board graphics in bios no reason to do that all was fine in dx9 so thats where the problem lies hardware is fine Paul, not going to remove ram that doesnt make sense has to be a software issue, i dont use on board graphics that was a joke its a titan 6 gig card in a pic express slot no need to change anything related to hardware Paul never ever had this problem until dx10 so the problem lies there for sure just have to figure out what software problem is in there, thanks

What about FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION  ? do I need that

Rich Sennett

Hi Richard,

I am having a similar issue to you. I tried reducing Scenery Complexity to Medium, and reducing radius, and things seem slightly better.

I just tried DX10 tonight for the first time, so still have a lot to try. I did see BLOOM_EFFECTS=1

In your .cfg file, could this be an issue ( I have never tried bloom).

Good luck, and I will tell you if I find anything, and maybe you can post here if you find a solution....

Thanks, Bruce

Another thought, Rich-  (and this is a DX10 newby talking...)  have you read the "how to" doc that's pinned to the DX10 forum (under the FSX root forum)?  I took a look at that too, and there are suggestions in that related to processor and GPU type/performance on how to set BufferPools and FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION  (although I haven't done so yet- only got to try DX10 from the Fixer last night).

Also- I don't have the skeleton issue, but when returning to the VC view (from spot or wing view) in the PMDG B777L (excellent Air NZ repiant that you did), everything goes black in the VC (including the outside view from the VC), with green blocks, then things start apearring correctly 9also in blocks)....  I think that's what you have.

But, as I say, I haven;t tried doing anything yet to mitigate this.

Thanks,  Bruce.

Hi Bruce yes I have the exactly what you explained the blocks but they do refresh quickly but not acceptable as it was not in dx9 - also Paul has sent me a tweaked cfg file so I would think there is not much left to do to that but I will figure it out, keep you posted Bruce thanks guess I am not the only one with this problem - amazing no one else is having issues as with my rig this should not be happening and this is with no AI at all - going to try dx9 again tonight to prove this out

Rich Sennett

Hi Bruce yes I have the exactly what you explained the blocks but they do refresh quickly but not acceptable as it was not in dx9 - also Paul has sent me a tweaked cfg file so I would think there is not much left to do to that but I will figure it out, keep you posted Bruce thanks guess I am not the only one with this problem - amazing no one else is having issues as with my rig this should not be happening and this is with no AI at all - going to try dx9 again tonight to prove this out

Well Richard both config files in here are asking for trouble and filling up the graphics bus fast and will create a bottle neck.

Which you will see during loading (render) delays of and see the actual 3d stuff first before loading textures.

Even with your system with FSX it's has all to be in balance and in the boundaries of 1024 max texture size ;-)

With a high end model you will see a delay when switching views in DX10 more as DX9 (after 30 seconds FSX clears it's cache),

However with a few simple settings you can minimize the effect to 1 till 3 seconds anything longer is due to a system out of balance...

For my understanding you don't have issues under DX9 with the same settings and FSX stuff?

I'm running a GTX 660 2gb and don't have the issues and great cloud performance :-)

Happy to help you out sent me an email ;-)

André

"However with a few simple settings you can minimize the effect to 1 till 3 seconds anything longer is due to a system out of balance"

Andre what should I do as I think you are right - what can I do to help this problem ? thank you

Fyi I have also tried a virgin fsx.cfg file and that did nothing to help either

Rich Sennett

"However with a few simple settings you can minimize the effect to 1 till 3 seconds anything longer is due to a system out of balance"

Andre what should I do as I think you are right - what can I do to help this problem ? thank you

Fyi I have also tried a virgin fsx.cfg file and that did nothing to help either

Rich what about your performance in DX9 FSX see my question above?

What is the loading delay you experience in seconds?

André

Andre just got home loaded up dx9 its doing it a little bit when it does its about 1 second before full loaded proper view in VC and spot - in dx10 its about 3 to 4 seconds does this help you because not sure what your question is, thank you.

Rich Sennett

Well Richard both config files in here are asking for trouble and filling up the graphics bus fast and will create a bottle neck.
Which you will see during loading (render) delays of and see the actual 3d stuff first before loading textures.

Interesting comment from Andre..  I'll look for any info that might also affect my similar issues....

Bruce.

This is what I am seeing running out of things to try Guys - cant believe no one else is seeing this in dx10 !!!!

2agoklw.jpg

5ygv41.jpg

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich

I am also seeing exactly this (PMDG777) but have just been ignoring / tolerating it, and enjoying the other DX10 benefits for now, but it is starting to annoy me a bit now. This using a GTX580, 1.5Gb GPU, so I think may not be unique to your Titan Card.

In DX9 I used to have a bit of a pause as well, but this is longer and more significant in DX10, notably the blacked out windows in DX10 (in DX9 only the panel textures would come in slowly over a grey background), but like you say,  about 1 second and all was fine.

So keen to see if there is some tweak that someone stumbles on to stop this.

Must try your New Zealand livery, if only because of the great paints you do - just being a keen Springbok Rugby supporter, wearing All Black "clothing" in any form goes a bit against the grain :rolleyes:

Rob

Robin Harris

I have the same issue with the black screen pause, especially when switching from an outside view back to VC. It happens in dx9 and dx10 for me and is not that bad and worth worrying about imo.

Something, more troubleing I noticed recently was the skeleton view in cockpit with EZCA. I haven't pin pointed the exact cause yet. But it seems to only happen with certain addon AC, and when switching from an outside back into the VC.  But this ONLY happens if I switch world locations during a flight and it does NOT consistenly happen. If I end a flight first then change locations I am ok. Not sure if something got corrupted with EZCA, but has now happened in dx10 and dx9. Resetting the EZCA config does not help.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor