Sign in to follow this  
Stormtrooper

Is it possible yet to add third party objects/scenery?

I was able to add scenery objects and DEM, but don't have a way yet to add LC and WC data.

Hey Stonelance,

I always appreciate reading your comments and insights into the inner workings of MS Flight.  For all of us "graphics newbies" what are DEM, LC and WC ?

Tom

Here is an image of an FSX scenery object blocking a runway. Gee, Steve, could you get your resort off the runway so I can land? :lol:

DEM = digital elevation model, the altitude mesh

LC = land class, the ground texture assignments

WC = water class, water texture assignments

There is a lot more to scenery, although those elements can be considered the essential basics.

Also needed, seasonal variation assignments, airport facilities (runways, aprons, navaids, etc.), terminals and hangars, and a lot more that go into creating a believable representation of the world.

Best regards.

Luis

You guys make me want to program. Too bad high school doesn't teach you C, C++, or C#. It only teaches you Turing (Ontario), and Java (Eclipse).

I haven't flown too much in Alaska.  Do you know if the extra trees are on the imagery for the airports, or are the smaller airports that just use autogen?  I think both should be easy to fix, but they need different solutions.

just a quick visit to say I hope you don't quit on this project Stonelance. this sim is so good, the more time I spend with it the more I like it. the idea there might be new add ons coming for it, it would be great. I know I'd like to buy some. good luck with your project.

Here is an image of an FSX scenery object blocking a runway. Gee, Steve, could you get your resort off the runway so I can land? :lol:

Is that something you've done, Luis, or is it an image you got from Steve?  Any info on how it was done?

Ask Steve, he's the genius here. :lol: He did not tell me, but I would like to know for some future projects such as filling in the seaplane bases in Alaska.

Best regards.

Luis

How about adding the Pacific Ocean?

It's already there, just go West  :lol:

What would be so interesting there? No offense, but I'd rather have some land than an expanse of ocean, with a couple of tiny islands with nothing and no one on them.