Sign in to follow this  
FlightSimDimm

Square Grass texturues on L52, Oceano County Airport, Oceano, CA

Hello All -

I have strange square grass textures on L52, Oceano County Airport, Oceano, CA from the Orbx freeware airports. Is  there something in the fixer I need to set or slide to correct it?

Thanks, Daniel

Legacy options, Daniel: Manual here: Page 22. If that doesn't fix it come back here - OK!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks but the change to the scenery slider did not work. I tried both slide settings. The texture grass off the sides of the runway still render as blocks.

Passed for Steve to look at, Dan.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The fixer isn't involved with Orbx stuff they exclusively use the FSX SDK.

Usually this sort of problem is caused by a tile boundary but in this case the nearest boundary is some way to the east.

I would say that almost certainly they have used more than 64K vertices of the same grass texture. FSX will split that into two batches and the DX10 engine forgets the transparency for the second batch. The workaround would be for Orbx to mix it up and use 2 or 3 different grass textures.

They are aware of this sort of issue and are not ignoring it but DX10 is not their number one priority.

Thanks for the quick response Steve and Paul ! Consider this issue closed and we will hope that Orbx will continue to provide support the DX10'ers!

Much appreciate the insight Steve - hope the Orbx folks address this for a growing user base.