Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

Boeing 777 Worldliner Professional vs PMDG 777

Understanding one is for X-Plane the other for FSX, how would those of you who own both, compare them in terms of system fidelity?

I know PMDG did a fine job replicating as many systems as FSX would allow, but how is the Worldliner Professional?

Did Philipp and Roman do a good job of recreating this beast?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

the PMDG looks better in the VC but the XP10 version feels better while flying from the smooth fps and better flight model in Xplane10.  The XP10 777 VC also looks great if you set rendering textures to "Very High" or "Extreme".  By the way, the dev for the xp10777 also has a Doctorate in Physics/Mathematics which really helped a lot in programming the 777.

Thanks!

I was thinking the X-Plane 777 would be smoother, as the sim as a whole is far smoother than FSX, even under heavy loads.

I'll most likely be picking up the XP 777 this weekend.  

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

PMDG 777 wins by a mile. 

-Better flight model

-More features

-Insanely accurate exterior model ( Ramzzess 777 has noticeable flaws in the exterior model )

Not going to go deep in here but go for PMDG 777. You won't be disappointed.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

PMDG 777 wins by a mile. 

-Better flight model

-More features

-Insanely accurate exterior model ( Ramzzess 777 has noticeable flaws in the exterior model )

Not going to go deep in here but go for PMDG 777. You won't be disappointed.

-flight models for helis and planes are better and more realistic in xp10

-xp10 payware come with accurate weather radars and an EFB to view pdf's of Airport Approaches

-the xp10 777 has HDR Lighting, heat blur, rain effects, ice effects,  and other goodies

I fly both and enjoy both.

• Upvote 1

Maybe somebody who knows about both can give a concise, and objective, list of features, esp. concerning systems depth and FMC. What is there, what is missing, how correct is it modelled.

(Maybe this could even be a template for a thread like "In FSX I liked to fly ... What is X-Plane's surrogate for this?" which could help new XP users find suiting planes).

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

FlightFactor's 777 (XPX) is on par with PMDG's 777 in respect with systems modeled and FMS.

PMDG's has more accurate exterior model and better looking VC and much better sounds.

FF (XPX) enjoys all the X-Plane advantages: 64bit, more realistic flight model, HDR, fully working weather radar, ice effects, etc.

Technically the PMDG is probably the better (more accurate) one, however I ENJOY flying the X-Plane version more.

• Upvote 4

FlightFactor's 777 (XPX) is on par with PMDG's 777 in respect with systems modeled and FMS.

Is this really the case? (I really don't know! I've read many different opinions on this, incl. the FF 777's FMC being somehow very restricted. I'd be interested in the opinion of someone who _really_ knows. Because, well, I am thinking of getting the FF 777 since a long time.)

Is this really the case? (I really don't know! I've read many different opinions on this, incl. the FF 777's FMC being somehow very restricted. I'd be interested in the opinion of someone who _really_ knows. Because, well, I am thinking of getting the FF 777 since a long time.)

Yes, it is the case IMHO. I know there are many people out there criticizing the FF's 777. They might be right in respect with exterior model and quality of VC (which is not bad at all, just not as good as the PMDG). However most of the critics in respect with systems and FMC are probably "pilot" error. Where is the FF's FMC restricted? The only feature that I am aware of which is not properly simulated yet is the RTA.

As I've said before, most of the systems and FMC are modeled by FF as they are by PMDG.

I have both, I do fly both, PMDG 777 is an amazing aircraft but I enjoy the FF a little bit more.

They're limited by the core X-Plane 10 characteristics.

In his answer to a post I did today at the ".org" one of the authors kindly replied and mentioned X-Plane 11 probably bringing some new possibilitites:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=70730#entry766300

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks, both of you.

I also heard the FF 777 FMC is quite buggy -- is that still true?

A few updates were issued, and each addressed some problems.

I have to confess that I seldom use it. Having no fancy hardware to wear in my head, I find difficult to see the various parts of the instrument panel, the FMC, the external views, etc... with the same ease of use I get in the PMDG 777, for instance.

Having popup windows for some instruments ( FPD, ND, EICAS, etc... ) would be great.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

A few updates were issued, and each addressed some problems.

I have to confess that I seldom use it. Having no fancy hardware to wear in my head, I find difficult to see the various parts of the instrument panel, the FMC, the external views, etc... with the same ease of use I get in the PMDG 777, for instance.

Having popup windows for some instruments ( FPD, ND, EICAS, etc... ) would be great.

The camera view presets are quite easy in X-Plane: CTRL (or CMD on OSX) + number to preset and then just the number for the appropriate camera view. I am sure you are aware of this -:)

CDU has a popup panel.

Yes horani, and there's that quick view select, but sometimes I would like to be able to see the outside view and one or more instruments, preferably on wider / readable versions.

The FMC is rather complete, even if not at the same level of sophistication of those that equip the PMDG model.

I also like the wing flex.

Main Simulation Rig: