Sign in to follow this  
Noboru

Jet route

Is it a valid airway with valid entry/exit points? What exactly are you trying to enter?

Best regards,

Robin.

Quite often people try to enter airways into the waypoint field, and vice versa.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

The tutorial says I can just about enter anything into the VIA side of the FMC, If I'm flying from

KBOS to KPHL and one of my waypoints is KHTO and I want to use J55 can I place that into VIA

side and TO would be KHTO?

I've tried to do this but it said "invalid entry".

Sincerely

Noborui

J routes are set-up in a similar manner to the roads we travel on. You wouldn't be able to jump on an interstate from a secondary road without an interchange. The J routes will work as long as there's a valid entry and exit point on the airway.

Trent Shoemaker
SGT, US Army

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgBanner_MJC5.png

I want to use J55 can I place that into VIA
Is KHTO on route J55? If not you cannot use KHTO.

KHTO is an airport not a waypoint and it not even on J55 route. Im not aware of any airports being on a route. VOR's, NBD's, fixes and intersections. Seems your flight plan is flawed a bit. :) Try:  BOS J55 PARCH... hence RWY transition. Or if you want to use a procedure (SID) PATSS3 GON.

I'm going to give you an example route where you only have to enter the VIA box (I believe this is what you are referring to)

This is part of UA97 Berlin Tegel to Newark that I flew a few nights back. Airways are bolded

EDDT BKD UL619 CUTEL UL983 GOW UN563 GILPA Direct XYZ

When you have multiple consecutive airways, you can omit entering the fix name. So enter UL619 in the VIA box. Right below UL619, you can enter UL983, and the right side across from UL619 will auto populate the fix CUTEL. Next up enter UN563 in VIA, and GOW will auto populate across from UL983.

This only works with consecutive airways. Above, once you reach XYZ then you have to fill the R box with the fix name.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

The tutorial says I can just about enter anything into the VIA side of the FMC, If I'm flying from

KBOS to KPHL and one of my waypoints is KHTO and I want to use J55 can I place that into VIA

Sincerely

Noborui

As was mentioned by others, the HTO vor is on the airway, not KHTO the airport. That's a very important distinction. 

Here's the RW route from KBOS-KPHL:

SSOXS BUZRD SEY J121 BRIGS JIIMS2 (If you look on Flight Aware, you may see some variation to this route such as SEY HTO J121, or various other fixes along the airway. If you look at the high altitude chart on Skyvector you'll see these are redundant. See here: http://ow.ly/pgcDy)

At BOS they assign the RNAV departure matching the first waypoint, so the SSOXS3 departure. You'd select that, and the appropriate runway in the DEP/ARR page, then on the RTE page enter BUZRD on the right, which will give you DIRECT on the left, then SEY on the next right line, J121 on the next left, BRIGS on that right. Finish it off with the arrival the same way you did the departure (for this arrival you have to pick a runway, normally PHL lands 27R unless the wind is out of the East at about 10kts or more, then it's 9R). It should look like this:

snkc.png

Steve Caffey

J routes are set-up in a similar manner to the roads we travel on. You wouldn't be able to jump on an interstate from a secondary road without an interchange. The J routes will work as long as there's a valid entry and exit point on the airway.

Nice to see someone else using a highway example.  I like that explanation.

Kyle Rodgers

I am so sorry, been flying vfr with a2a 172, kpvd is an airport roger that, bad habit, my bad. reissued my

fligh plan in the fmc and all worked.

Thank You All

Noboru

Till the next brain fart !!