Sign in to follow this  
paula

dx10 and 2lines in cfg

is it stil necessary to use in the cfg file this lines?

MultiSamplesPerPixel= 
MultiSampleQuality=

The Fixer automatically puts this in, Doeke, at the time that you select your AA within the Fixer like this.

The "MultiSamplesPerPixel" number is the one that you will set in Inspecter for your SGSS, so if the Fixer set MultiSamplesPerPixel=4 in your fsx.cfg  like this, then you would set Inspector's Transparency Supersampling like this::-

Come back here if you don't follow this - ok! :smile:

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

thats done thanks but I have another problem

in dx9 vsync works well with 1/2 refreshrate but in dx 10 it is awfull.

the ground is shaking looks like in layers which is typically seen as vsync is off.

any idea why that one is not working under dx 10

I have done a fresh installment of the computer on w8 64 bits and bought dx 10 from steve

the ground is shaking looks like in layers which is typically seen as vsync is off.

I have done a fresh installment of the computer on w8 64 bits and bought dx 10 from steve

+1  - exactly same here -- anxiously awaiting reply 

WAT1460.png

paula,

I found a tip that recommended adding DisablePreload=1 to fsx cfg  [MAIN] and it appears to have fixed the issue I was having.  Only one test but it does look better for the vsync tearing :-)

WAT1460.png

Here is your fsx.cfg from Feb 10, Doeke, and it does contain the line which vcarlo is referring to. Maybe you've missed it.

All the Best!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

no it doesnot make any difference

still vsync is not working in dx 10

i hope someone has a solution 

state of art

I uninstalled the drivers in w8 and installed nvidia drivers again.

it turns out no vsync problems and running well dx 10 but the other side of the coin is dx9 AA doesnot work.

So I decided to leave w8 and install w7 64 bits prof again.

I will let you know what the outcome is.

I did get the feeling that something is wrong in the application of steve's dx10 tool and reverse to dx9

to be sure I am going to re install again with w7 prof and see what will happen with the tool

I opened another thread because after new setup fsx and a clean start, it shows up that after installing dx10 steve app, that all my screens are mixed up. by return to dx9 all is well.

I think there is really an issue with dx10 but have not a clue what to do.

problem is solved

there were two culprit

1-went back to nvidia driver 327 to 320

2-i have 3 screens on one card and one card extra for one screen

that works fine in dx9 but not in dx10

so with removing one card (the extra one) , the problem is solved

had nothing to do with steve's app but the fact it was preview which can not handle that combination