Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Best ATI drivers for FSX

I have an HP laptop that has switchable graphics.  The drivers from HP haven't been updated since 2011, so I'm running with something really old at this point.

I can get drivers up to 13.1 from leshcatlabs.net that should be stable for my laptop.  Does anyone know what version tends to give the best performance with FSX?  Should I even expect any performance increase?

Thanks.

Well, in case anyone else ever does a search and they find this thread, 13.1 works great for me and is a big improvement over whatever I had from 2011.  I'm seeing a 5fps (15% - 20%) increase with frames staying locked at 30 most of the time now.  With the older driver, they'd often dip to or stay in the low-mid 20's in areas with more complex scenery.

Very happy camper!

Well, in case anyone else ever does a search and they find this thread, 13.1 works great for me and is a big improvement over whatever I had from 2011.  I'm seeing a 5fps (15% - 20%) increase with frames staying locked at 30 most of the time now.  With the older driver, they'd often dip to or stay in the low-mid 20's in areas with more complex scenery.

Very happy camper!

No crash like 13.9? I gotta try this one. Using 13.4 right now.

C.

Very happy camper!

You using it in dx9? I'm crashing on exit.

C.

You using it in dx9? I'm crashing on exit.

C.

Ya. I have gone back to 13.4. Can't exit FSX without a Fatal Error.

C.

I'm using DX9.  13.1 (not 13.10) is working great with no crashing.

13.4 and above cause BSOD issues for me (not related to FSX).

I'm using DX9.  13.1 (not 13.10) is working great with no crashing.

13.4 and above cause BSOD issues for me (not related to FSX).

Strange. 13.4 has been the best one so far in all cases for me. Before that it was 13.1 for sure.

I hope they fix this current 13.9 and 13.10 version as performance has gone up but fatal error to desktop when trying to exit FSX.

Charles.