a320neo_49_zps3d864e1a.png

a320neo_53_zps6ee70c7d.png

Vienna
a320neo_69_zps43cbf4e7.png

Cruising near Salzburg
a320neo_101_zpsd008c9f8.png

Overhead Zurich
a320neo_111_zps349298a1.png

Fairly cloudy after Zurich...moving on...

Need to loose a bit of speed
a320neo_113_zpsc1beffad.png

Beautiful sunset near Toulouse
a320neo_118_zps3792639d.png

Motorway out of Toulouse

a320neo_128_zps3efe1c39.png

Gear down
a320neo_140_zps42ab0319.png

Cleared to land
a320neo_148_zpsc5816bcd.png

Looks good! Is that default X-Plane, or is that an addon you use for Vienna?

Looks good! Is that default X-Plane, or is that an addon you use for Vienna?

I guess this the new freeware Vienna, which has been released as alpha version 2 days ago. Still much to do, but already usable.

And he uses orthophotos as ground textures, and OSM buildings for the city.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

OK, let me get this straight

That scenery is photoreal with autogen? It looks amazing, even better than anything ORBX has done. But I dont understand, can the entire worl in XP10 look that good?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

That scenery is photoreal with autogen? It looks amazing, even better than anything ORBX has done. But I dont understand, can the entire worl in XP10 look that good?

If I am not wrong, from the look of the screenshots, it is freeware photoscenery + OSM autogen. OSM replaces the default autogen and looks good from high to medium altitudes.

On the ground, I'm not a big fan of it, but combine it with the Europe library (to replace American style houses with European style house; also replaces the trains and highway signs with European trains/signs), and it's okay.

OSM scenery can be created with the tool OSM2XP. PilotBalu has spent a great deal of time providing optimized OSM sceneries, see simheaven.com.

About photo scenery:

Combined with OSM, it can look very very good, esp. since on X-Plane you don't need any expensive addons for having realistic streets, railroads and powerlines; these are the by default and usually align precisely onto the roads shown on the photo scenery. Also, the shape and size of the OSM buildings is usually very realistic and thus fits onto the shape of the buildings on the photo scenery.

But:

The problem is that there are no professional vendors for photoscenery for most parts of the world. We have RealScenery for parts of the USA, and Flight1 have (still in X-Plane 9 times) published the U.K. The rest depends on freeware.

For creating photo scenery, there exist tools which use Google Maps or Bing Maps as source for the photo scenery. So the quality of Freeware directly depends on the quality of these source images. Often, it is very good, but often there are color, brightness or contrast changes inbetween.

I suspect that the thread starter got it from simheaven.com (like the OSM) or http://zonephoto.x-plane.fr/Cartes.php

But he may also have created it on his own.

Finally:

X-Plane can also look good without photoscenery and its default autogen or just the Europe library. It depends on the area ...

WOW!

These shots of XPlane are the first ones i see which make me seriously think: Why not checking out XPlane more closely!

Looking really great!

Thank You very much for sharing!

You did a good job showing off what X-Plane is capable of. Still alot of simmers are not aware of it, and this scenery is possible with freeware only. 

Wow if this is how good xplane can look then am in again lol.  But i still cant get over the cloud textures, seem cartoonish to me.

Wow if this is how good xplane can look then am in again lol.  But i still cant get over the cloud textures, seem cartoonish to me.

You can find very nice freeware textures on X-Plane.org if you don't like the default clouds. :wink:

You can find very nice freeware textures on X-Plane.org if you don't like the default clouds. :wink:

And of course there will soon be SkyMAXX Pro, completely replacing not only cloud textures, but the whole clouds engine.