Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

DX10 Scenery Fixer Known Problems

The only change that could really affect the visibility of something is the legacy->v2.0 Transparency rules (and lesslikely the general-> DX10 Transparency bug fix) - try disabling and report back.

Also is your legacy slider in the same place as previously?

I unchecked all three Legacy Options but still no change e.g. no PAPI lights and I never touched the slider. But what I recognized is that the lights are on if I manually place the plane on or near to it those two LOWI runways. But when approaching LOWI during a normal flight those lights are off  (during day and night operation).

Hanse

Oh that's normal then, you just need a light field see the end of effects chapter

Hi Steve,

I did everything what is explained in the manual (e. g. copied the file into the scenery folder of the add-on airport LOWI) and with "TRANSPARENCY" unticked I now have no more problems during a night approach. But still there are no red/white lights (left and right of the runway) during day operation. Is there anything I can do regarding this issue?

Hanse

One person suggested that at one airport in Alaska he needed to select the destination first before switching to the starting point if it is more than 10km away. I haven't been able to reproduce this.

One person suggested that at one airport in Alaska he needed to select the destination first before switching to the starting point if it is more than 10km away. I haven't been able to reproduce this.

I tried this proposal e.g. first loading the arrival airport / runway (lights are on) and then changing to the departure airport. But unfortunately no change during daytime approach e.g. mentioned lights are off. Only when switching to dawn, dusk or night the lights went on.

Steve,

I just did the same flight using DX9 and no problems with those lights. In previous versions of DX10 it also worked. You can see that in the YouTube video I prepared

http://youtu.be/ScrJ3Xh5K1E

app. at the position of 37:00 ........

Did you test disabling the d10 transparency fix in general? That's the only remaining difference between the previous version.

Version 2.0 build 42

1) UK2000 PAPI light appear square at night - disabling Version2.0 Transparency in Legacy Dialog will fix this - I am working on a new version, there are some other sceneries that have issues for the same reason.

2) AMD aa options are implemented wrongly, what you see when you launch it is correct so if it says 4x it is 4x but when you make a change the options are interpreted incorrectly. 2xEQ is treated as 4x and 4x is treated as 8x and other options are ignored.

Did you test disabling the d10 transparency fix in general? That's the only remaining difference between the previous version.

I just deinstalled and newly installed "Approaching Innsbruck" as well as the "DX10 Scenery Fixer". Then I disabled the DX10 transparency option. But still the same result e. g. during day-approach no lights (4 red/whites left and right to the rundway) at all. When switching to night all PAPi lights came up......

So far PAPI lights seem to work fine in the day, DX9, DX10SF v2 and default DX10

Does that mean you cannot reproduce this issue? If yes, then do you have any suggestion what could cause the problem on my system?

One thing I just recognized: I disabled the "DX Compatible Lights" and then during day approach the PAPI lights came up at app. 5.000 feet and went off at 2.500 feet........

If I install the bgl-file LOWI_LightField the only difference I recognized is that if I place the plane at the beginning of RWY26 during daytime the lights are on......

I am using an AMD RADEON 7900 series graphic card and I know that there are certain issues using this card. Any connection with hardware or settings?

My findings are that the lights work fine without dx10sf at all and work fine with it as well. I have a taken off in both directions to be out of sight ie > 10 miles and then turned and flown back and seen the lights appear at around 10 miles. I have saved flights beyond 10 miles, restarted fsx and loaded them in case the flight history had an effect, but they always work fine. This is with aerosoft approaching Innsbruck v1.2 for fsx.

Now at this point I need to know if you repeat these flights without dx10sf do you observe the same things. use the default maule to rule out any aircraft interaction.

Secondly do you have any other Austrian scenery installed that could be interacting with the airport? I have investigated issues in the past where people had a scenery with the same airport, even in some cases half deleted so no textures and this caused different effects in dx10 and dx9.

I doubt that amd could break something in a driver but if you cannot find an overlapping scenery and see different behaviour I will have to move my amd card to my main pc and retest.