Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

DX10 Scenery Fixer Known Problems

I did this flight also with other aircrafts than the Aerosoft Airbus and always the same effect. Except FTX Global and Vector I have no other scenery installed which could overlap with Aersofts LOWI.

I saved this flight (in view of the airport - and no lights on). The I loaded it again and also the lights were off. Then in the DX 10 Controller I disabled the DX10 Compatible Lights and loaded the same flight again. Now the lights were on. Then I closed FSX, enabled the DX10 Compatible Lights again and started FSX and loaded the flight. Now the lights were on ....... And every time I load this flight as well as others "approaching LOWI" the lights are on.......

Then I closed FSX and started a normal flight to LOWI and again no lights...... So I do not know what I could do/test to find the problem. I just bought a new NVidia GTX780 and will test it next week. If there are some new findungs I will let you know.

I also have problems with Aerosoft and the papilights.

some lights works great ....some lights works sometimes....some lights don´t works

I have testet a lot ......no chance, Aerosoft....no way

Sorry it was my mistake - I had UT Europe Airports ticked which was giving me extra PAPI lights. Let me test with that unticked

Ok, so with UT Europe unselected I then needed to install the LOWI_LightField.bgl - I put it in the Aerosoft\Approaching LOWI X\scenery

With that in place I again had no problems - I selected DX10LightsPackage and DX10Compatible Effects on install - did lots of flights including from LOWS so I was starting well outside the light range. In all cases the PAPI lights appeared at about 10 miles.

I also tested by replacing the fx_dx10field.fx effect with the fx_dx10fieldtest.fx - this makes the lightfield visible allowing me to check it was working.

I checked and the file "LOWI_LightField.bgl" was available in the directory you mentioned. Then I treid something else: During library installation first I ticked all three features and had no lights. But what I found out if I uninstalled the library and newly installed it (this time not ticking "effects") the lights are on ...... so this maybe has something to do with the installed DX10 effcts ......? 

Maybe the content of my EFFECTS folder is wrong. Please find below a link from where you can download it. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FF01B36902F93518!301&authkey=!AJc3ALO-PyQjIFY&ithint=folder%2c.ZIP

This is my EFFECTS folder after the library installation with "unchecked" DX10 compaitable effects .....e. g. the one I used having no day PAPI lights problem ......

Hi, some more information I discovered.

1. Uninstalled the library from DX10 Controller
  2. Uninstalled Aerosofts "Approaching Innsbruck"
  3. Installed the library again and ticked all three options
  4. Installed "Approaching Innsbruck" again but "ignored" not converted DX10 Compatible Lights (38)
  5. Copied the file LOWI-Lightfield file into the LOWI scenery folder
  6. Lights were on during day approach but went off app. at 2.500 feet
  7. Converted remaining DX Compatible Lights
  8. No lights at all during day approach

The problem that you have remains that the light field is not working but I cannot see why.

The Aerosoft PAPI lights work when there is a light effect in the direction that you are looking that meets a specific set of criteria.

The lightfield is exactly that a large light that matches the right criteria.

Therefore the lightfield should make the PAPI lights work.

If the lightfield isn't working then the situation changes

If DX10CompatibleLights is enabled then there can be no light effects that satisfy the necessary criteria and so the lights are not visible.

If you disable DX10CompatibleLights - then depending on your viewpoint there may or may not be a light that matches and so the runway lights will turn on and off as you change viewpoint.

So the issue remains why is the lightfield not working? Actually as I talk about it what is the NUM_LIGHTS set to in your fsx.cfg?

If that is correct (i.e 8 or above) then what I need you to do is edit the fx_dx10field.fx in the effects directory and change all the lines like

Color Start=0, 0, 0, 1

Color End=0, 0, 0, 0

to be

Color Start=0, 0, 255, 1

Color End=0, 0, 255, 0

Then see if on approach the airport appears bright blue or not.

NUM_LIGHTS were set in my fsx.cfg to 8. I also applied the proposed changes to the "fx_dx10field.fx". Then I started FSX and loaded several previous saved LOWI approaches (day and night). The lights were on during day and at night the second half of the runway/airport was "blue". Then I made a normal day flight from EDDF to LOWI and again no lights appraoching LOWI. I saved this flight e. g. the approach. After closing FSX and starting it again I loaded the previously saved approach and the lights were on. Same with all other previously saved approaches........

It seems to me that during a "normal" day approach the effect-flies are not loaded? Any idea what could cause this?. 

No, it always works for me. can you move to the plot below on papi lights you have the same issue and I am typing everything twice. I am wondering about aes at the moment as a possible difference, do you have it enabled for lowi?

I have AES installed for LOWI but disabling it (as well as in the scenery library) brought no change. The issue is also not connected to Active Sky Next or Traffic X. But I now recognized something interesting which may help you to find the root-cause. If I take a view from the outside of the plane the lights are on. This is not only the case with the AXE but also with the Cessna......

Steve, the same problem (lights ON from outside the plane but OFF from the VC) was also reported from another user in this forum http://forum.avsim.net/topic/437696-still-problems-with-runway-and-papilights/. Another thing I recognized and maybe this is related to each other: I get no VC shadows even that I ticked the option in the DX10 SF. This also was reported by another user: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/437047-cockpit-shadows-in-the-axe/ but until now no one answered his question.

Regards,

Hanse

Guest Mik75

Steve, the same problem (lights ON from outside the plane but OFF from the VC) was also reported from another user in this forum http://forum.avsim.net/topic/437696-still-problems-with-runway-and-papilights/. Another thing I recognized and maybe this is related to each other: I get no VC shadows even that I ticked the option in the DX10 SF. This also was reported by another user: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/437047-cockpit-shadows-in-the-axe/ but until now no one answered his question.

Regards,

Hanse

I have no VC shadows in the AAX as well.

And, I have no lense flare effect, even though the option in the sim is ticked. (I have REX4 Texture Direct installed)

Sorry, but I am locking this thread as I want to tidy up!

It was meant to be a place to read a quick list of the known issues.

If you have a problem please post a new thread.

Hanse there is a thread on Papi lights below.

Michael to have shadows you need 2 things.

1) To have selected Aircraft Self Shadow in fsx settings

2) For the aircraft to have the VC shadowing bit set in the VC model.

If the bit is not set you need to ask the copyright owner whether they object to you using the toolbox to toggle the bit in the model.

The quality depends on whether they have used single sided textures or transparent textures.

DX10SF has an option to handle single sided (Force VC Walls) but cannot help if they used transparent textures.

If you aren't seeing flare then I would guess there is something wrong with the textures you are using.

Version 2.0 build 42

1) UK2000 PAPI light appear square at night - disabling Version2.0 Transparency in Legacy Dialog will fix this - I am working on a new version, there are some other sceneries that have issues for the same reason.

2) AMD aa options are implemented wrongly, what you see when you launch it is correct so if it says 4x it is 4x but when you make a change the options are interpreted incorrectly. 2xEQ is treated as 4x and 4x is treated as 8x and other options are ignored.

3) Aerosoft Oslo needs Version2.0 Transparency in Legacy Dialog disabled - the ground lighting is solid otherwise

4) AES sign boards need Version2.0 Transparency in Legacy Dialog disabled