Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I can't see why you can't have the cake and the eating of it.....DX9/DX10?

Because Steve's DX10 Fixer makes it so easy to switch up DX API's... and uninstall/install the libraries;

...why does anybody just deem what non-play-in-the-DX10-sandbox, is wanted to be flown to, flown out of, or aircraft sitting in...and just use the DX API that will achieve their flight parameters?

He has made it so easy to switch up...no needing to 'dummy fire up' FSX to un-check, or check the Preview Mode box.

----------------------------------------

So with that thought Steve, what would be the implications of merely switching to DX 9 before a flight, but NOT bother to uninstall the libraries that your fixer addresses.

Can you fly with DX9 AND your shader libraries intact?  If you can...would your visuals running DX9 in any way be enhanced by the fact that you are using shader v4.0 rather than shader 3.x.x.x. whatever?

Just wondering, and will switching back and forth between these two API's?  cause your FSX.cfg to become a dog's breakfast? Or will it only affect those two FSAA lines it places into the GRAPHICS section?

Inquiring minds wish to know...and thanks!

Mitch

I don't uninstall the libraries to use DX9. They really should have no impact on DX9 at all.

However I could equally make the button uninstall and reinstall them if people preferred.

When you are in DX9 you use the V2/V3 shaders. There is no cross contamination at all.

The few fsx.cfg values I alter MultiSamples etc have no impact in

DX9.

I don't uninstall the libraries to use DX9. They really should have no impact on DX9 at all.

However I could equally make the button uninstall and reinstall them if people preferred.

When you are in DX9 you use the V2/V3 shaders. There is no cross contamination at all.

The few fsx.cfg values I alter MultiSamples etc have no impact in

DX9.

Oh..ok then..that's what I wanted to know, Steve, you dont have to uninstall the DX10 Fixer  libraries if you switch up/back to DX9 using your 'flip' button on your program mask.  Ok...that's what I thought as well...for I went back to DX9 this morning to test for a chap if I had a 'form' of VC shadow also appearing in my vc Carenado Bonanza cockpit/cabiin. I did not, but only flipped the DX showing in the mask, and did not uninstall the libraries. I ran FSX under DX9 and seemed to have no problems.  So...if I decide to switch for whatever reason/flight/scenario, I will only flip them...but no other action.  Thanks!

Great program...thank you for creating it. The program gives the user a choice..and a fantastic one, short of P3D V2 (that we will all have to see for ourselves....).  :)

Steve,

I just have to get it out of my system...and say one more time:  I can't remember if any, that I had a more immersive, most feature-rich time with using FSX. I have just cleared 1,200 feet on my climb-out from Martinsburg, West Virginia (KMRB) for this airport is in one of the most beautiful regions and depictions of FSX Global, in my opinion. I had visited there in real life only two weeks ago..and am hooked to this region of the Potomac River, Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry, etc...so beautifully rendered in FSXG...and with the addition now of running FSX in DX10...with Bloom, Flare, and everything on..and at its highest performance level...oh my...oh my...and all at a usual 27-30 FPS.  Opus is running the cloud show...and again...oh my.

IT ALL WORKS, even effects such as smoke coming from smoke stacks in FSXG.

I now will no longer reference this as a program I purchased. No more....I now reference this as a PROJECT I have bought into.  Steve, you have given we purchasers and supporters, a new lease on FSX life!  Absolutely!  I have had no CTD's or O.O.M.'s since two days ago...when the plastic got plunked down.  This is at a full out, full steam ahead, FSX experience. I can finally use (what I didn't know to be such a powerful visual increment...) BLOOM as a standard 'engaged'.

Please don't barf, if I say once more...thank you for bringing this project to market. The price I paid to play in the DX10 sandbox..is totally irrelevant now. Totally!  You should see the smile that lights up my 'kisser...as though BLOOM is splashing out upon my face from the monitor...:))))))))   Well, I got that final 'thank you' out of my system...and now will head back to my paused fligh,t out of God's beautiful KMRB part of the North American Experience...  

Cheers!