Sign in to follow this  
Nevian

How to get weather to change?

I know about the setting to change the rate at which weather changes, but weather also has its own dialog box where you chose weather themes, real weather etc. To have weather change on its own, which of these settings should be used?

Sletvik, Thomas

Go to Weather at the opening screen or World | Weather from the menu bar and click 'Real-world weather (updated every 15 minutes)

Go to Weather at the opening screen or World | Weather from the menu bar and click 'Real-world weather (updated every 15 minutes)

You do realise that the weather servers haven't updated in months now, right? Thus the weather is going to be pretty static unless you use a 3rd party weather program.

You do realise that the weather servers haven't updated in months now, right? Thus the weather is going to be pretty static unless you use a 3rd party weather program.

Now, how will this work with REX? Say in FSX we can set a rainy day or snow and so on. How do we do this in REX? Can we manually set a rainy day of thundersorm from REX?

Now, how will this work with REX? Say in FSX we can set a rainy day or snow and so on. How do we do this in REX? Can we manually set a rainy day of thundersorm from REX?

Don't know about REX as I use AS2012, but in active sky you can drag and drop types of weather onto the map to place that type of weather, save a current worldwide weather state for use again and again, or even set METAR values manually. So you can get the same kind of features, just with a tiny extra bit of work.

AS2012 also has a 'search for a particular kind of weather' which is the method I use if I want to fly in specific weather conditions, as it also gives you a little bit of a challenge in that it's not JUST a foggy/stormy day, but one in somewhere you've never flown before :)

I was going to add a caveat about that but there has been so much 'she knows, who said' (or some other mixed phrasing like that) that I decided to stay out of it.  Has the jury come back on this?  Seems like things change but I cannot say it is the truly up to date weather (maybe Microsoft is randomly generating old, stored weather :mad: )

REX updates its weather every 15 minutes from NOAA and VATSIM to its data servers.  This translates down to the users.

We also offer a Random Weather Generator with REX that is a little more robust than what is found in FSX. 

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Has this Q been answered? Thx

I know about the setting to change the rate at which weather changes, but weather also has its own dialog box where you chose weather themes, real weather etc. To have weather change on its own, which of these settings should be used?

You need to use a third party weather engine, I believe the one that FSX uses internally has been disabled. Luckily there are freeware wx engines out there, for example FSRealWx Lite

vatsim s3

1133704.png