Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Congrats Team Oracle/USA on the Americas Cup

Been up each day at the pub for 7:30 am to watch each race with breakfast. That was the greatest comeback in the history of any sport I can think of.

Congrats to Team Oracle. 

EDIT: COPYRIGHT VIOLATION; an image from the Telegraph is certainly not yours to embed here. Do not do that again.

Edited by Tom Allensworth
Copyright violation.

Matthew Kane

To bad the boat didn't sink like my paycheck did when he bought the airline I was flying for.

Yep, thoroughly deserved win.

On the bright side it will be nice to get my mornings back now!

Been up each day at the pub for 7:30 am to watch each race with breakfast. That was the greatest comeback in the history of any sport I can think of.

Congrats to Team Oracle. 

EDIT: COPYRIGHT VIOLATION; an image from the Telegraph is certainly not yours to embed here. Do not do that again.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Congrats to them, very well deserved, although I didn't believe they would make it after the first few races.

Yea half of  the crew  were  Australian  maybe  they should give  the cup to us :P  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Apologise, apologise...

Unfortunately I was not able to be in San Francisco as I am not a wealthy man however here are the photo's I have from my part of the world that I took with my camera...

Training Boats with the champion ship in the background:

DSC08702.JPG

The real Champion on her pedestal:

DSC08693.JPG

The Plaque:

DSC08734.JPG

Matthew Kane

Elliisor has half the money in the world. He can pretty much buy anything he wants.Did some consulting work for Oracle. Failure is not an option.

Elliisor has half the money in the world. He can pretty much buy anything he wants.Did some consulting work for Oracle. Failure is not an option.

Pretty much sums it up. Lots of IT guys share your view. To comeback from an 8 race to 1 and win the cup shows how badly he wanted it and how quickly he was able to make changes.

He pretty much wiped out the New Zealand team by throwing some money around and now this sport has become in jeopardy as it financially bankrupted the sport in New Zealand trying to keep up with him.

Matthew Kane

Lol nah   its coming  to oz  in 4 years  time , we just entered our  team  in,  hopefully  we  can bride  some of  the crew  back home  to  race  for us

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Didn't I read somewhere she had a British skipper who pulled the rug from under the Kiwis? Maybe they should give the cup to us!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Didn't I read somewhere she had a British skipper who pulled the rug from under the Kiwis? Maybe they should give the cup to us!

Yes both teams had members from various nations, however both those boats were built in New Zealand, therefore New Zealand won

Matthew Kane

Oh the envy........LOL. You have to remember, most of us are of UK ancestry. Some got here earlier than others.

Yes both teams had members from various nations, however both those boats were built in New Zealand, therefore New Zealand won

:lol: Fair enough.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.