Sign in to follow this  
utley

DX10 fix for the rotating beacon?

Rotating beacon IIRC is the Green/White rotating signal light in most airports. In DX10, they always show up with green/white rays instead of just regular light. Is there a fix planned in the future for this? Or is this one of those -stuck with it- issues?

I have noticed that the rotating beacons can use a bit of tweaking. Any news on this Steve? Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

don't they look the same in DX9?

Hi Steve,

I wanted to thank you again for creating FSX dx10 fixer. I'm just amazed at my new sim with better graphics and smother performance.

I only have two issues:

1) From a distance I see a grey circle. As I get closer the beacon does appear. It's just not visible from far away. I think this is only at default airports.

2) Using the new Aerosoft LGTS, the 3d lighting system has black squares. It's only this new airport. I don't think that the developer is enthusiastic about supporting dx10.

Most of my airports work great.

Jose

its an interesting question and I did notice it - I will look but don't be optimistic.

You've done wonders with Dx10. Since a number of the shader problems were and still are extent in P3d2 (like the progressive taxi path, which has now been fixed in 2.1), will you be turning your attention to tweaking the DX11 shaders? BTW, the rotating beacon problem is present on a number of aircraft in P3d also.

I know the situation is different, since FSX is orphaned and P3d is not. But it never hurts to ask.

FSX may have been orphaned by MS but certainly not by it's enormous user base, which will be there for years to come. Look at the huge fan base that FS2004 enjoys after all of these years. P3D still has huge comparability issues that need to be addressed before it gains anywhere near the following that FSX currently enjoys. 

Can you tell me a specific airport to look at?

Steve,

If I take off from my home airport KBKV and fly South toward Tampa I immediately see a grey circle to my right. Pilots Country Beacon will show up as I get closer to the airport. If I keep flying south, I'll see it again to my left. A check at the GPS shows another airport.

I'm wondering if it's a setting on your CP.

Jose