Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Question

Rob Young:

Will the upcoming Duke v2.0 have new exterior textures or use those existing with the current version?

Thanks / Les  Parson

I'd say it's a safe bet it will have an updated exterior model and textures (using the latest and greatest modelling techniques they've learned from/since the Legacy,) so new repaints will have to be made.

This has become my T7 obsession.  Ever since Rob announced this, I find myself going daily to the RealAir page, hoping that there's news.

OK, maybe I'm not quite as obsessed as some of the PMDG faithful were down the stretch, but still.  Really, really looking forward to this new version of the B60.

Scott

Me too. Just flew the piston today. You can really see the difference between the current version and their Legacy hehe. Of course the Duke is my favorite plane (possible factor lol)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This has become my T7 obsession.  Ever since Rob announced this, I find myself going daily to the RealAir page, hoping that there's news.

OK, maybe I'm not quite as obsessed as some of the PMDG faithful were down the stretch, but still.  Really, really looking forward to this new version of the B60.

Scott

+1

Dave Scalora

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Yes, I am also looking forward to this updated Duke. I prefer the sound of the Turbine Duke, but the piston version is so much easier to control!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes, I am also looking forward to this updated Duke. I prefer the sound of the Turbine Duke, but the piston version is so much easier to control!

That's also good reason to pick a plane in the RW!  I only fly 2 airplanes right now, the Turbine Duke is one of them.  For me, it took a lot of practice.  When I fly it I fly by Ng and step by step.

1.  Red line: rotate.

2.  Positive rate:  Gear, prop sync yaw damper, power back a half inch, props 2000, establish 140 IAS or greater.

3.  At level off, Ng is based on altitude.  Arround 80-82 when I'm down around 2000-5000.  Around 84 when I'm between 5000-8000.  I try to keep it around 190 KIAS or a bit lower because sometimes turbulence and updrafts can push it above 200 KIAS if I'm holding altitude.

Also, my approaches to airports are by the numbers.

1.  Airspeed 170 (80 Ng or so) when I'm VFR 5 miles out, first notch of flaps.

2.  Once gear is down, bump the throttles up to 83 Ng or so, keep speed above the blue line.

3.  As I start descent, 79 Ng, 120 KIAS until the approach lights, then last notch of flaps and slowly back on the throttle to cross the theshold at 100 and touch down at 90.

1.  ILS dogleg, Ng 81, 170 or less, first notch flaps.

2.  Approaching glidepath, gear, prop sync, YD. 

3.  Final is 79 Ng and one notch flaps.  Rate of descent around 600 fpm.

This is all probably what you do with the regular Duke with the exceptions of the Ng settings. 

EDIT:  I should add that I'll be the second person in line behind Scott to get the new Duke, though (unless I beat him to it  :ph34r:  ).  It's been a long time since I've flown that one but I'm looking forward to seeing what Rob's done this time.  I've never been disappointed by his aircraft.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

YUMMMMMY!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is that front wheel turning sideways when retracting? I don't recall seeing that in the current Duke.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This is so cool, because the B260 has always been (and still is) one of my favorite planes to fly.

Good catch, Christopher. Guess I have to check the current one soon. The new one arrives in September as it seems. So only a few more days.