Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Question

No kidding.  We had a Duke convention here a few weeks ago, these things look amazing up close!

(random pic spam alert lol)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is version 2 just the piston one or the turbine as well?  I had the turbine on my short list to buy due to I love the B58 since FS2004 (and had the Dreamfleet B58 for that) but the extreme short field capability of the turbine B60 has me interested in it vs. the piston version.  Basically I don't want to buy the current turbine version if V2 is a new version of that.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Basically I don't want to buy the current turbine version if V2 is a new version of that.

The new one is just the piston B60.  Pretty sure he's going to give the Turbine the same makeover afterward.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I like wanna see vc shots

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

The new one is just the piston B60.  Pretty sure he's going to give the Turbine the same makeover afterward.

Ah ok.  Hmmm, I'll watch pricing when it comes out and see if there is any upgrade pricing for V1 owners. If there is and it's not bad, I could jump on the turbine anyway and just upgrade to V2 when it finally comes.  Thanks for the info :)

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

The turbine looks really nice, it's just a little older-looking than their Legacy, which looks exceptional.

I have both the V1 piston, turbine and Legacy. All wonderful planes!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In the original posting where the v2 piston Duke was announced, Rob did say something about a Turbine Duke update sometime later. 

If you have the Legacy, you've got an idea of how good the new piston Duke will be, as many of the changes update things like sounds and animations to Legacy standards.  In case some haven't seen it, here's a link to the posting which contained a list of some of the new features:  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/414059-beechcraft-b60-turbine-duke-vc-texture-update/#entry2738278 .The current plane is already great - this should be amazing.

For current Turbine Duke owners, if you missed this, in that same thread is information on some very nice panel upgrades a gentleman did for the Turbine Duke which are available in the Avsim library. 

Scott

Is that front wheel turning sideways when retracting? I don't recall seeing that in the current Duke.

It does (and it is modeled in the current Duke).

Bert

Great news! As a loyal customer of RealAir (you´ll never go wrong with one of their, always spot on, just like PMDG for the bigger boys) and lover of the Duke I´m really looking forward to it. It never seemed to me that the Duke was lacking so much as Robert told all the new features.

Btw I got the Legacy too but I just ain´t that much fun as with the twins. The look is spectacular nethertheless!     

I wonder if we may see a version 2 of the Turbine Duke as well. I for my part mostly fly the turbine version.

Dave P. Woycek

Yes!!!!

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV