Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

Spikes and noise flickering everywhere. Help!

Hello all, this is my first post. I hope im not breaking any rules by posting this.

I am getting lots of texture glitches lately and I have no idea what could be causing them. I run FSX in DX10 mode because I get a lot more frames. The thing is I was never seeing this before. its just recent. I think I may have done some fsx.cfg tweaks. I have tried everything. I even generated the default fsx.cfg as well and nothing.

I have done several troubleshoots like update alll my drivers, defrag, OC settings, Texture reload/settings, frame limiters, graphic options and many more other things.

A few minutes into my flight or sometimes right away I get a whole bunch of spikes and noise. It flickers everywhere. Sometimes it could actually look scary lol. I would love to solve this. I have seen picutres online where ppl have gotten the same glitch/bug but I cant fix mine. Help me avsim forums!

My FSX.CGF tweeks:

Highmemfix=1

[bUFFERPOOLS]

bufferpools=0

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=6049

WideViewAspect=True

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=6.500000

My rig:

i7 3930k 3.2ghz (OC'd at 4.5) HT enabled

ATI Radeon 7900

16gbs of ram

Win 7 Home Premium

CC Center 13.9

My main addons:

ASE2012 (textures from here)

GEX NorthAmerica

EZcam

Mogiasoft shade

several scenery addons for airports etc

Here are the crazy stills!

o7ig.png

thl4.png83jb.png7d8x.png

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=6049

I would start here.  It should be 4096 but then that is probably too high too.  So my recommendation would be to use 2048.  Get rid of Bufferpools (or comment // it out).

Highmemfix=1 is not a tweak.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Looks like raw DX10 too Jim

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I get this too, occasionally. Believe it or not it can be caused by chip creep. Turn off your machine and reseat your memory sticks. The expending and contracting can slowly push out the memory sticks. Good luck.

Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

I am trying to get to the bottom of why this is happening because it's happening to me as well I have a 7970. only recently started happening as I started running DirectX 10.

Most likely it is FSX telling you that settings are too high and your computer can't cope with the workload. It is also known to happen when you use bufferpools=o.

The FSX rendering engine has a few anomalities as well. A little known trick is to go to external view of the aircraft once you have loaded the flight, then spin around the aircraft 5-6 times. It will make FSX preload scenery elements around your aircraft and remove some spikes and flashes (but not all of them if you run all settings at max).

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I'm having the same exact problem with this card! It used to work fine just randomly started happening about 2 weeks ago... Tried firehawk's recommendation and still getting the same problem, updated drivers and still same problem anyone else that might have a solution?

I'm having the same exact problem with this card! It used to work fine just randomly started happening about 2 weeks ago... Tried firehawk's recommendation and still getting the same problem, updated drivers and still same problem anyone else that might have a solution?

DX10 or 9?

DX10 with the fixer...

I have to pull water back to 2xLOW and cloud density to High if I want to fly in weather of some kind for periods longer than and hour. Also sticking to 4xAA in the Fixer. SuperSample enabled in the driver.

My standard 30 - 90 minute flights and I seem to be fine as long as that is my MO.

Bump water past 2xLow and I will get them in minutes if there is water around.

AMD users either lower those few settings mentioned here or.... Wait for P3D v 2.0 and see what DX11 shader engine does.

My 7970 Ghz is just too awesome to let it go right now (GTX770 level in FSX) over this issue. I will fly DX9 which is glass smooth all the time and looks pretty much identical for the time being. 8xSSAA and Water at 2xHigh is not a problem in VFR weather.

Charles.

DX10 or 9?

DX10 with the fixer...

I have to pull water back to 2xLOW and cloud density to High if I want to fly in weather of some kind for periods longer than and hour. Also sticking to 4xAA in the Fixer. SuperSample enabled in the driver.

My standard 30 - 90 minute flights and I seem to be fine as long as that is my MO.

Bump water past 2xLow and I will get them in minutes if there is water around.

AMD users either lower those few settings mentioned here or.... Wait for P3D v 2.0 and see what DX11 shader engine does.

My 7970 Ghz is just too awesome to let it go right now (GTX770 level in FSX) over this issue. I will fly DX9 which is glass smooth all the time and looks pretty much identical for the time being. 8xSSAA and Water at 2xHigh is not a problem in VFR weather.

Charles.

Thanks for the advice Charles. I'm using the fixer at those settings currently. I'm about to do a flight now so I'll adjust the in-game settings before.  I've never used P3D but maybe it'll eventually be my replacement for FSX. Thanks again for the help!

- Matt