Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

Some more HD Mesh Scenery v2 PREVIEW shots at ASN-XP

This was not my idea, but the idea of ASN-XP (I "only" sent them the screenshots) ... but maybe you are - still - interested in them.

But I hope, that these will be the last preview shots ... I have some hopes, that I might be - finally - able to release in 4-6 weeks.

And remember to do your last OSM additions, as I will make a final OSM data import in a week!

Whow!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm lost for words.

Actually no I'm not, the words are amazing, stunning, wonderful, fantastic, sublime, superb, outstanding, breathtaking, incredible, jaw dropping...there are others but you get the idea.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Gigagrate!!!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

And remember to do your last OSM additions, as I will make a final OSM data import in a week!

Outstanding!!! 

Can't wait for 10.30 and all of these goodies,

Got a question though. I live at the very tip of South Texas (McAllen, TX) that shares the Rio Grande River with Mexico. This river divides the US/Mexico border and stretches from Brownsville Tx al the way to El Paso NM, from there it turns upwards crossing New Mexico ending up in Colorado. Unfortunately in XP there are just pieces of it scattered around an definitely doesn't resemble the real thing.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm willing to give it a try if you point me in the right direction.

Thanks alpilotx for all your contributions.

Carlos

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Can't wait for 10.30 and all of these goodies,

Maybe I can have my textures / terrains with 10.25 ... we are discussing this with Laminar at the moment (and the timing etc.), because 10.30 might need longer than I am comfortable with. Nothing is set in stone at the moment ...

Is there any way to fix this? I'm willing to give it a try if you point me in the right direction.

Thats what I mean with OSM! What ever is in OSM until - approximately - next Wednesday, will find its way into my scenery ... And I think the Rio Grande is a little bit better now (remember, that until now, all Scenery was based on OSM data from June/July 2011 ... more than 2 years!). But check it out, and feel free to improve it where ever you think it could be improved.

If you don't know how to work with OSM, this link might help you:

http://learnosm.org/en/

Rio Grande is a little bit better now

Excellent, thanks for the info and link, I will sure give OSM it a try.

Carlos

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I'm loading the Rio Grande into JOSM now to take a look. It may be that OSM data for it is just fine these days, and the only thing needed is the data update/import for X-Plane. (*It might not have been there when the X-Plane scenery was first made)

Looks as though there are some gaps in the polygon water elements of the river as you get upstream. The line-based river is there, so in those gap areas X-Plane (via Andras's update) will have some semblance of a river, but not a huge one.

-Greg

I've checked up through Larado, TX, and it's filled in to there. There remain gaps upstream which I'll plug away at bit by bit.

There remain gaps upstream which I'll plug away at bit by bit.

Thanks Greg, very much appreciated!

Polygon water added up to Eagle Pass, TX.  As you get further and further north, the Rio Grande gets narrower and narrower, making the use of polygon water debatable. I'll keep scanning up the river for opportunities for improvement, but know that the "line" based water designation in OSM is now going to be readable by X-Plane and Andras, and it looks like the ENTIRE Rio Grande is represented already by a "line" river designation.

Boy that was fast Greg!

I'm gonna have to get on the wagon soon and learn OSM, the fact that I may be able to contribute a tiny bit and thus improve XP by it, makes it even more interesting.

I only say: ^_^

And yes, to be able to have line rivers will make a LOT of difference in many many areas of the world. And I am a bit "proud", because here I did one of the rare C++ coding exercises in the scenery generator : my code addition makes it possible that the tiny rivers are placed halfway sane in the scenery mesh (it gets smoothed where necessary), and not go wildly up and down in narrow valleys (where even little inaccuracies in elevation data or vector data can wreck havoc on the visual representation) ...

As the packages include updated OSM data does that mean we can delete the Simheaven packages and save a bit of hard-drive space...?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea