Sign in to follow this  
RGS

DX10 Sun glare missing?

Hi guys,

Just a quick one: When I look at the sun in DX10 (both with and without Steve's Fixer) it appears pretty small and has no/very little glow or glare to it.

If I turn off bloom it does seem to get more of a glowing edge and looks better but it feels as though something is missing with bloom enabled.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Robert

This is one of the last issues I am having. Sun looks better at the moment without bloom enabled. Like you said, their is something missing from the sun, lack of glare/radiance emininating from the sun which is especially noticeable at sunset. Plus the sun shape seems to morph and change shape. Its especially noticeable with the REX sun effects. If I use the default sun....it is very tiny.  Very odd.

Can anyone post pics of what we should be seeing?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

@Mark

I'm not talking about the camera effect 'lens flare.' That does work, but I have it turned off.

What I am missing is any kind of realistic glare.

@Mark

I'm not talking about the camera effect 'lens flare.' That does work, but I have it turned off.

What I am missing is any kind of realistic glare.

Hi, I use 'HDE Sky textures' (hdeskytexturesfsx.zip), prefer them over FTX sky textures. Sky look's great, and it's free!

I have the fixer, but I use Active Sky 2012, which takes away the glare effect with its custom sun textures.  I'll see what it looks like in my system without the custom Active Sky texture sets.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)