Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Mega Scenery Earth 2.0 releasing SWITZERLAND on 1st Oct 2013

Hi all,

I've just recieved an email from MSE saying that they are releasing Switzerland, their first non-US scenery on 1st October 2013.

Nothing on their website yet, but I expect something will be on there by the end of the day.

MSE-Switzerland2-560.jpg

MSE-Switzerland6-560.jpg

MSE-Switzerland7-560.jpg

I do have some concerns though.

Isn't Switzerland Pro or X I don't remember the name getting updated? That product will have autogen.

And secondly I'm guessing there will be no seasons which isn't a problem with photoreal in deserts but it is in Switzerland, the snows pretty important. I'm not sure if the Aerosoft product will have seasons though

Can someone confirm there will be a new Switzerland Pro? Or am I getting it confused with an update to the Austrian scenery that is sort of the same?

Lee

Price? Download size? Sorry, can't access their site right now.

Download Size: Approx 8.4 Gb (50cm/pixel source imagery)

Price: To Be Confirmed - But likely less than $40

One season, no autogen.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Meh - Flylogic Switzerland Pro has been out for a while and has Autogen, night and winter textures:

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10157&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I have 12 titles of MSE, have tried the rest and MSE is the best..

No autogen = smoother flow of the sim, then you can use the likes of PMDG without the dreaded fatal error

That saves you having to search the forums for a fix because your sim keeps crashing..

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Download Size: Approx 8.4 Gb (50cm/pixel source imagery)

Price: To Be Confirmed - But likely less than $40

One season, no autogen.

Thanks!!!!

@ Lee:

Less seasons, less autogen, less snow, smaller price.   :P

I have to admit being a little disappointed on hearing the location of MSE 2.0s first non-US scenery.  It just felt a little predictable that it was Switzerland.    I guess there is good data availability, with the fact that we already have a Switzerland Pro and Switzerland X in the past.

But I really agree with Lee - Switzerland with one season; and no snow? :(

$40 is a fair price but this one is not for me.

I'll perk up when I see Slovenia or Bulgaria or maybe Norway or Sweden getting done.  :)

Meh - Flylogic Switzerland Pro has been out for a while and has Autogen, night and winter textures:

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10157&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation

Very true, but FlyLogic = 129.99 Euros, MSE = 29 Euros tops (on current exchange).

Have to consider that also :)

I have to admit being a little disappointed on hearing the location of MSE 2.0s first non-US scenery.  It just felt a little predictable that it was Switzerland.    I guess there is good data availability, with the fact that we already have a Switzerland Pro and Switzerland X in the past.

But I really agree with Lee - Switzerland with one season; and no snow? :(

$40 is a fair price but this one is not for me.

I'll perk up when I see Slovenia or Bulgaria or maybe Norway or Sweden getting done.  :)

More of Europe coming :)

Dean

It's a fair price IMO.

But it's a shame it's not a part of Europe that's not already covered by commercial photoscenery - somewhere like Italy, Austria or Portugal, for instance.

I use aerofly FS for Switzerland.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It's a fair price IMO.

But it's a shame it's not a part of Europe that's not already covered by commercial photoscenery - somewhere like Italy, Austria or Portugal, for instance.

Patience is a virtue. You *might* see one (or more) of these sooner than you think :)

Take note of this part of the press release:

We’re pleased to announce that with the completion of the lower 48 US states that we are now creating MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 for countries around the world and just like the US states, they are going to be released on a brisk release schedule. They’re also going to be priced very nicely and on par with the pricing for US states.

I use aerofly FS for Switzerland.

A very good VFR sim with great scenery, no doubt about it! 

Dean