Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Mega Scenery Earth 2.0 releasing SWITZERLAND on 1st Oct 2013

When is someone going to start w/ excellent photoreal scenery like this then plop in autogen?  Sounds like a marriage made in heaven!  I'm assuming there is no autogen in this type of scenery or is that not correct?  If it's true it must perform well yes?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Norway or Sweden getting done. :)

Yes! Yes! Yes!  Definitely hoping for Norway/Sweden myself!!!

How is performance for Switzerland Pro?  I have VFRGermany and take a hit flying there with all their autogen/buildings.  It's flyable but still a noticeable hit over MSE without autogen.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Very true, but FlyLogic = 129.99 Euros, MSE = 29 Euros tops (on current exchange).

Have to consider that also :)

More of Europe coming :)

Excellent.      And I may not be so excited about the SUI release, but I still think it's excellent that MSE have spread their wings and are offering other areas of the world.    I will be buying some European releases for certain.   As Turbo Tomato said, it's probably more likely to be ones not covered by existing country-wide packages.  :smile:

Patience is a virtue. You *might* see one (or more) of these sooner than you think :)

Take note of this part of the press release:

We’re pleased to announce that with the completion of the lower 48 US states that we are now creating MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 for countries around the world and just like the US states, they are going to be released on a brisk release schedule. They’re also going to be priced very nicely and on par with the pricing for US states.

Very good news!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Performance of photoscenery is no worse than default, usually better.

As long as it doesn't have autogen/custom buildings.  Like I said, VFR Germany for me I take a noticeable hit in performance over photoreal w/out autogen/custom buildings.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Excellent.      And I may not be so excited about the SUI release, but I still think it's excellent that MSE have spread their wings and are offering other areas of the world.    I will be buying some European releases for certain.   As Turbo Tomato said, it's probably more likely to be ones not covered by existing country-wide packages.   :smile:

The choices are somewhat dictated by the available imagery for any country. If there is no decent imagery available, or the imagery is not up to the standard we need, then that country wont be produced. So the MSE project is still limited by external factors (to some degree).

Performance of photoscenery is no worse than default, usually better.

This is true!

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

The choices are somewhat dictated by the available imagery for any country. If there is no decent imagery available, or the imagery is not up to the standard we need, then that country wont be produced. So the MSE project is still limited by external factors (to some degree).

Is there any chance that we will see Norway and Sweden given this fact?  I know good imagery for places that far north seem hard to come by.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Yes that's fair enough. :smile:

(Does that mean that MSE Austria is next then? :lol:)   I stake a quid on it!

As long as it doesn't have autogen/custom buildings.  Like I said, VFR Germany for me I take a noticeable hit in performance over photoreal w/out autogen/custom buildings.

VFR Germany is a mixture of everything ... with patches of ground photos in it. You can hardly compare it to "plain" PS.

Is there any chance that we will see Norway and Sweden given this fact?  I know good imagery for places that far north seem hard to come by.

I am not sure at this stage to be honest!

Yes that's fair enough. :smile:

(Does that mean that MSE Austria is next then? :lol:)   I stake a quid on it!

Maybe, maybe not.... but you will probably only need to wait 2 weeks to find out!

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

VFR Germany is a mixture of everything ... with patches of ground photos in it. You can hardly compare it to "plain" PS.

Really?  I thought it was all photoreal or aerial photos but with hand placed autogen and custom buildings.  Here is from one of the regions:

• 95,000km² of aerial images at a stunning resolution of 1m/pix
  • Almost all lakes, rivers etc. with water masks (reflecting and landable for floaters)
  • Thousands of important VFR reference points like transmission towers, factories and much more
  • New custom-made autogen replacing the default autogen buildings with typical German looking buildings
  • Autogen buildings placed at their exact locations using a database of more than several Million (!) objects!
  • Airport runways adjusted to the aerial images

So is it all photoreal/aerial or do they mix in some land class stuff somewhere?  My interpretation of this is that the ground textures are photoreal/aerial and then they add all the other stuff(autogen, custom buildings, hand placed autogen, etc) on top of that.  It's this "other stuff" that will take a hit on performance as just the ground textures as stated earlier would actually perform as good and probably better than default scenery.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal