Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

TrackIR in v3.34 - Scan rate low causing jerks [Solved]

Hi,

Thanks for the v3.34.

My TrackIR is 'jumping' a lot every few seconds with this version.......   I will take a look at the scan rate to see if it has changed and do some experiements and report back.

Cheers.

Hi Cheryl,

I'm pleased to report that it is indeed just the scan rate.   :smile:

I think earlier versions had a higher default scan rate, but v3.34 in installing with 0.18 which seems low.    

Anyway I experimented and found a perfect sweet spot with a scan rate of 0.34.       No more jerks and jumps. :smile:

Glad you like the banner!

Have a good hol

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Glad to hear its sorted, thanks for the report anyway, I can confirm I have just checked mine and all was OK. It was probably the upgrade that altered the scan rate, it shouldn't but sometimes I cannot preserve everything (I make a slight slip in other words).

Regards

Stephen :smile:

P.S.

If you are using the latest release version then I don't know if you saw our added correction, a few users reported a problem with the build so I redid it and posted a new copy.

SimForums Announcement: A new release was reposted at 15:30 Zulu [25th Sept] in response to a possible corrupt build. If in doubt please download, uninstall, and reinstall the new OpusFSX.msi. The reported problem resulted in the FSXSERVER program shutting down after some time which would indicate a corrupt or incomplete build of the new version.

Thanks Stephen.

I installed at around 1210z today (26th) so should be on the re-built version (all looks ok).

I cannot thank you guys enough for adding the DHM effects to standard (non-camera) views!!!!........ Love it.  :Party:

Like many TrackIR users, I didn't actually need camera views, but had to set them up for each aircraft, for DHM.   Now, I've just set up the DHM effects for standard VC in the 'Configure' screen and I'm good to go!

What is so strange is that that I kept literally thinking to myself I wish these DHM effects could just be applied to a standard VC view but I never got around to actually requesting it, or even mentioning it here!!.......... So you guys have got a seriously good telepathic link going on, for customer requests..... :wink:

Have a fab and well deserved holiday  B)

Many thanks Dave, always nice to have positive feedback.

We are certainly looking forward to the break. Sangria, Sun, and Sea.

Stephen & Cheryl :-)