Sign in to follow this  
Guest georgi55

Best place for cheapest air tickets?

Guest georgi55

My friend is looking to come over my place over the weekend of Oct 10~12th.Where would be the best place to find tickets? I've tried all the Expedia,Travelocity, CheapTickets, and such and they all to seam to give me $300 for air fare from DCA(DC National) to AZO(Kalamazoo MI) or $370 for 2 night if Hotel is included. (we will stay in hotel)Can anyone recommend me some other places to look at, or will I get pretty much same results?

Guest tgabriel

They are all pretty much the same. If you are looking further into the future, tickets are cheaper but short notice costs more. You might try orbitz.com and try the airlines sites themselves. Sometimes there are good deals that don't get advertized.Have a good visit!!

Guest m3pimpin

I would actually have to say that online sites usually have way higher prices than local travel agencies. Just my experience from the last couple of years.

You can try hotwire.com - I had good luck on short notice with them last year. They are apparently a spin off or related to orbitz. Strange arrangements - you get a price, decide to buy then you find out on who and what times. Last year when I used them I got United all the way from Tuscon to upstate NY. United at the time was quoting several hundred $ higher for the same flights.Joe LorencPhiladelphia/Charlotte Hub Manager, Carolina Operations, VN7 Networkhttp://www.vn7network.com/

Joe Lorenc

Guest georgi55

Thank you guys, tried local agencies but din't help much, Expedia was the best.It sucks not to have direct flights...