Sign in to follow this  
Andayle

Question regarding registration email

Hi all,

I have just re-installed RC4 after a new pc build but for the life of me I can't remember what email address I used to register RC4 all those moons ago when it first came out.  I have access to both email addresses I have used over the years I just don't know which is the one I registered with.  Am I best emailing support? or just fire of an email from both account and hope one gets a reply?

Sorry for this,  it's just been so long.

Ok I've edited my post to say that I have sorted the problem.  I found an old email in one of my sent folders to RC4 registration.  So I have tracked down the correct address.  I really should make a note of what I used for future reference lol.

Thanks.

Edited by Andayle

Dean Farley

If your own e-mail address has changed you will need to have your registration manually handled instead of using the auto-registration system.

To have your user data updated and receive your new key send an e-mail to jd_at_jdtllc.com (use @ instead of _at_). Be sure jdtllc.com is allowed through your pc and ISP spam filters. Subject: user database update and registration. If you do not have RC4.3 build 3845 also ask for the download link.

Include in the body your old e-mail address, user name (first and last), and then your current user name and current e-mail address. Include the product code including any - preceding the characters.

When you receive your new key, paste it in from the e-mail into the registration dialog box deleting any preceding and trailing spaces as Win is prone to do on a copy. The cursor when entering should just lay after the last character.

Save all of this new information as a text document file to use again as necessary. If you do download again, backup this file to a CD or USB flash drive in case you need to reinstall. Do this before you run the RC install procedure.

Also check out the pinned topics on missing dlls (error 713) and virus and other protection applications (error 75).

To install RC it needs to be run with Program Level admin privileges (different from user account privileges). Right click on RC and select run as admin. When the installation is finished set up a shortcut to rcv4.exe, right click on it, select properties, (ignore this first run as admin), select advanced, click on the box Run as Admin to check it, click Ok, then in the window returned to click Apply followed by OK, and you should be set.

Now get the latest fsuipc from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

full and interim versions as needed. Then get the updated makerwys.exe from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and place it in your FS folder.

Then start RC and run the scenery rebuild again. The downloaded fsuipc and makerwys.exe are newer than the versions in the distribution.

Thanks for the info guys,  I have had my email changed and the activation code worked fine.

Dean Farley