Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

If only it could always be this good ...........

I know I'm not original in saying it, but I really think that FlyTampa Dubai is the best scenery package ever released for any version of FS.

When I consider that in the PMDG 777, I am getting 20 FPS on the ground at Aerosoft EDDP (Leipzig/Halle), a c.2008 product (albeit updated in 2012) and it's not the most detailed scenery in the world, then I look at the scale of the buildings, skyscrapers and exquisite detail in FlyTampe Dubai and the fact that I get 30 FPS solid!!.......... it's crazy!!!! ....... How does this scenery perform so well.

The airport itself is so detailed, the ground textures are just stunning, and then there's that cityscape.........  and 30 FPS solid in the PMDG 777.

If only everything could perform that well.   :smile:

44444411.jpg

66666610.jpg

hmmm, I get 2.5 fps.   But my system needs an upgrade. Still a massive drop in the NGX and 777.  the Md-11 I was getting about 12-15 and 20+ in wilco Airbuses.

Very nice screenshots there though :)

Only real disappointment is that my daughters school is not included :lol:

Waleed N

Could the Dubai scenery be helped a little by the fact that there's hardly ever any cloud cover?

Possibly, but I think it's more to do with the surrounding scenery in FSX (or lack of!).

It's a very quiet, desert based environment around the city in FSX, so I guess FSX doesn't have much else to render, other than the FlyTampa Dubai Scenery itself.

Hello Dave, can you please share us your display settings, as well as nvidia settings (if any). i have an i5 2500 with nvidia gt 440 and getting around 18-22 fps (dx10 enabled). 

Thank you in advance.

Believe me, we get our fair share of clouds, not to mention sandstorms.

I second Dave's reply, as there is very little surrounding scenery, and no mountains or any serious vegetation within the area.

Waleed N

Interesting you posted this.  I have FlightBeam airports, FSDT airports Aerosoft and at all of these get over 25 FPS no issues smooth and butter, but FlyTampa Dubai I start at 25 FPS then drops to 10 back up to 25 back to 6 and just looks like its having a hard time loading textures for whatever reason, even Martin at FlyTampa is baffled by this and my system can easily handle FlyTampa as I have their Boston, St. Marteen, Midway, etc.  I just dont get it, i just want to fly out of Dubai more often but with poor performance it kills me.

Hello Dave, can you please share us your display settings, as well as nvidia settings (if any). i have an i5 2500 with nvidia gt 440 and getting around 18-22 fps (dx10 enabled). 

Thank you in advance.

I can do that, but my set-up is opposite to yours in pretty much every way :lol:

I'm on ATI, and DX9 (far superior performance with DX9 in the PMDG airliners).

My system is an i7 2600k 3.8Ghz (stock), with 8GB DDR3 RAM, an ATI HD 7850 2GB graphics card, and Win 7 64 bit.

Here are my ATI Catalyst Control Centre settings :-

310.png

You'll see that I use Supersampling which is a high AA mode.   I can get away with this with this particular video card. It's not an amazing card (pretty average) but what it does do well, is high AA and AF settings, without too much performance penalty.        When you are using Supersampling you do not need any higher AA/AF levels than 4x.

My settings within FSX are quite modest;   Scenery complexity: Dense, Autogen: Sparse (I only need a little autogen), AI Airliner traffic: 10%, Road traffic: 7%.    I use OpusFSX for all weather and have medium settings for that.  (I like my weather :smile:).

This gives me an absolutely solid 30 FPS (locked at 30) in the PMDG NGX, T7, and pretty much every other complex airliner at Dubai.

..........if I were parked at London Heathrow it would be a different story...........   :wink:

I can do that, but my set-up is opposite to yours in pretty much every way :lol:

I'm on ATI, and DX9 (far superior performance with DX9 in the PMDG airliners).

My system is an i7 2600k 3.8Ghz (stock), with 8GB DDR3 RAM, an ATI HD 7850 2GB graphics card, and Win 7 64 bit.

Here are my ATI Catalyst Control Centre settings :-

310.png

You'll see that I use Supersampling which is a high AA mode.   I can get away with this with this particular video card. It's not an amazing card (pretty average) but what it does do well, is high AA and AF settings, without too much performance penalty.        When you are using Supersampling you do not need any higher AA/AF levels than 4x.

My settings within FSX are quite modest;   Scenery complexity: Dense, Autogen: Sparse (I only need a little autogen), AI Airliner traffic: 10%, Road traffic: 7%.    I use OpusFSX for all weather and have medium settings for that.  (I like my weather :smile:).

This gives me an absolutely solid 30 FPS (locked at 30) in the PMDG NGX, T7, and pretty much every other complex airliner at Dubai.

..........if I were parked at London Heathrow it would be a different story...........   :wink:

Thank you Dave for your reply, I will upgrade my system really soon. will definitely go for ATI.