Sign in to follow this  

Please try this when you have low fps with clouds and high AA settings

Here you go - locked at 16fps with 99% GPU utilization...

I see that you are windowed mode, what about full screen.

Also are you running SLI???

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Tried your ideas Marc still t777 and dx10 not happy hmm

Rich Sennett

No joy with AA at 4SGSS.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I see that you are windowed mode, what about full screen.

Also are you running SLI???

Hi Marc - sorry I was away for a bit.  There was no difference in full screen and I'm not running SLI.

Thanks,

Scott

Here you go - locked at 16fps with 99% GPU utilization...

Sorry but I could not get FRAPS to work, which from some quick research, learned that it apparently does not work in dx10 mode, which is odd in your case.

Are you absolutely sure that you have the following in your fsx.cfg

[GRAPHICS]

D3D10=1

Anyways, to kill several birds in one stone with KPMP/Birddog/Horrible Weather using

a default fsx.cfg except for the following parameters:

AffinityMask=14

BufferPools=0

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.12

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4

MultiSampleQuality=0

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120

[GRAPHICS]

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

AC_SELF_SHADOW=1

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=100

MESH_RESOLUTION=23

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=6

U7Rio.jpg

3CwRM.jpg

yhUd7.jpg

HLgC.jpg

S0baN.jpg

au2N.jpg

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I haven't noticed any appreciable difference...but I will test again over water.

edit: Ok I stand corrected...

Flying over Orbx Bowerman at 2000 feet facing the Pacific at dusk with clear skies

32bit ---  29-35 fps

dxt1 --- locked at 40 again

Certainly makes a difference. I think I'll stick with the latter for awhile. Thanks!

I haven't noticed any appreciable difference...but I will test again over water.

I noticed a big difference in the quality of the wave animation and reduction of the land shimmering effect in the distance using the 32bit over DX1. I'm running a 580GTX, locked at 30 frames so I have not really measured the performance impact. 

My REX backup directory were empty so I do not have the original default  wave animations available on my machine. Does anyone have the files to send to me? I really want to now test the default to see if both the performance and quality are better then the "use this" theme.  

Thanks

Thanks I now have 4x and 4SGSS working great even in bad weather.

What I really like is being able to ude BP=0 with water set to 4, 5, or 6 without flashes.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks I now have 4x and 4SGSS working great even in bad weather.

What I really like is being able to ude BP=0 with water set to 4, 5, or 6 without flashes.

^agreed!

Thanks guys for the insight. Whatever restoring the default water textures does works beautifully. I have zero issues now in DX10 in ORBX land during heavy weather after restoring the default DX10 water, pegged at my frame lock of 30. Still have those great whitecaps too!

Thanks gentlemen!

The REX water animation "Use This" has very nice looking wind sensitive DX10 white caps, provided you use the 32 bit version.  Beware that it comes with a performance hit compared the already fine looking stock DX10 water animation.

I compared the default FSX water animation and "Use This" from REX.  I prefer "Use This".  So far it's the best water animation I've found for DX10 but I still need to try more. 

"Sparkling" looks incredible in DX9 but kinda lame in DX10.

Thanks guys for the insight. Whatever restoring the default water textures does works beautifully. I have zero issues now in DX10 in ORBX land during heavy weather after restoring the default DX10 water, pegged at my frame lock of 30. Still have those great whitecaps too!

Thanks gentlemen!

I agree. With the default wave animations in DX10, they look great, perform great and cleared up the land shimmering reflection.

I am a happy DX10 flyer !!!

What is the Airport ICAO ?

What is High AA when using my HD7970? I am using Supersample in CCC and 4X in FX10Scenery fixer

Fixerlibrary what is that ? Is it Dx10sceneryfixer or

I will test on my system

Michael Moe

On my 7970, 4xAA in the fixer and forcing SS in the driver (4xSSAA) is perfectly fine in all weather and glass smooth. 

High AA for us is 8xSSAA. 

4xSSAA = nVidia 4xAA with 4xSGSS 

8xSSAA = nVidia 8xAA with 8xSGSS

The ladder is fine as long as you stay below Broken coverage in clouds or perhaps drop Cloud Density slider a notch.

Charles.