Sign in to follow this  
RoyalGuard

SweetFX, FSX, and DX10

Hello Folks,

I have used SweetFX successfully for a number of months now, and I keep reading posts from people saying they are using it on the DX10 preview, and I just don't see how that's possible. I want to start using that DX10 addon that is available for purchase to assist in making DX10 work correctly, but I want to have SweetFX in DX10. So long and short, here is my problem:

When using SweetFX and I switch to the DX10 preview, SweetFX no longer works until I switch back to DX9.

My question: If SweetFX works with DX10, how do I get it to function? Is there something in the settings I am missing?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

Signature2.png

I'm not sure about nVidia, but with ATI I had SweetFX working perfectly in DX10.

However it did require the use of an 'advanced' (non-standard) driver:    RadeonPro

So perhaps you need nVidia Inspector?

Within RadeonPro there was a dedicated section for changing SweetFX settings.   It all worked very straightforwardly, but as I say, not sure on the nVidia side of things          - but I bet it can be done.

Nothing additional should be needed. SweetFX includes the DX10 stuff by default. Just make sure all the files are there and check your ini settings. I ran SweetFX for a long time before discovering RadeonPro.

Nothing additional should be needed. SweetFX includes the DX10 stuff by default. Just make sure all the files are there and check your ini settings. I ran SweetFX for a long time before discovering RadeonPro.

what in the ini settings would prevent it from running?

Signature2.png

I am using Steve's DX Fixer along with SweetFX and it works just fine. I have been using DX10 for several months with SweetFX utilizing the fixes that Paul has so very willingly shared with us.  http://forum.avsim.net/forum/569-dx-10-discussions-hints-and-help/  When I installed the Fixer, I replaced the Stock HLSL folder, and then installed the Fixer. I made no changes to SweetFX - it just works! I am not using the newest version, I believe it is 1.3 or some version of 1.3xx. This version worked so well for me that I didn't feel the need to try something new.

Good luck!

Lyn

I don't get why it's not working for me. Someone on another forum said not running fraps caused it to work, so I'll give that a try. Otherwise, not a clue why it wouldn't work!

Signature2.png

I was running DX10 before I installed Sweet FX, & as far as I'm aware I've had no problems with it.

Installed Steve's Fixer yesterday, & everything still seems to be running just fine.

FRAPS doesn't enter into it - have you tried removing Sweet FX then re-installing?

I was running DX10 before I installed Sweet FX, & as far as I'm aware I've had no problems with it.

Installed Steve's Fixer yesterday, & everything still seems to be running just fine.

FRAPS doesn't enter into it - have you tried removing Sweet FX then re-installing?

Hello, Yes I have tried that. I dont see any reasons for it not to work, but it doesn't. It simply does not work when I move into DX10

Signature2.png

.....you are using toggle switch when it loads aren't you?

Perhaps it's loading in an OFF position and you need to toggle the CTRL+F12 or whatever it is......

.....you are using toggle switch when it loads aren't you?

Perhaps it's loading in an OFF position and you need to toggle the CTRL+F12 or whatever it is......

Hello,

If you are referring to the toggle that turns the effect on and off, then no, that is not the issue. I have even tried hitting that on and off a few times to verify that.

Thanks

Signature2.png

If you are running FRAPS to do benchmarking or record video SweetFX will shutoff.   I have found no work around this.    Going to have to do my color balances and stuff in the video editor.    Also, I could not get SweetFX to work in DX10 at first with AA turned on in FSX.    I had to switch to FXAA in nVidia Inspector and tweak the SweetFX ini file to use it's own brand of AA.    Of course, after doing the DX10 Fixer all that changed.   I didn't do anything to any files but the fixer let me set AA in it's GUI so I know have 8X on and SweetFX works fine unless I turn on FRAPS then it shutsoff.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "DX-10 Discussions, Hints and Help". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I downloaded SweetFX  ("SweetFX Configurator")  for DX10 here:

http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?p=91

Use:

dxgi.dll                 - DirectX 10/11 proxy dll that will inject shaders into DirectX 10/11 games

dxgi.fx                  - DirectX 10/11 specific shader code

injector.ini            - Settings for the shader injector dlls - you can reconfigure the keys used in this file

For more info:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/407200-sweet-fx/?hl=+just%20+the%20+groundwork%20+first:%20+you%20+should%20+have%20+sweetfx%20+folder%20+directly%20+the

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/389455-have-any-of-you-tried-this-sweetfx/