Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Active Sky 2012 auto winds aloft data import for 777

For those that don't yet know, Hi-Fi have released a SP3 Beta which includes the above. I haven't been able to try it yet and wonder if anyone here has yet? If so, it'd be good to hear your thoughts.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Gonna install it later. You can read about it here and get it here.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Works great. just import your flight plan into as2012 and it writes the .wx file and puts it in the pmdg folder. so no more copy and paste nonsense. 

I've got it and have used it on several long range flights, and it works as advertised. That said, I haven't seen where it's made a significant difference in the quality/accuracy of my flight or the pre-flight planning apps like PFPX. I'm assuming it gives you slightly more accurate en-route arrival times on your legs, but again any significant, noticeable difference escapes me. I still arrive at my final destination almost exactly spot-on with the predicted PFPX times and fuel burn as I had before updating.

I was wondering why "request" was working all of a sudden :lol:

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Thanks guys, look forward to giving it a go some time. Promised the wife a Dexter binge today :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

This does not work for me. Just installed the beta and processed a plan as usual but when I checked the pmdg wx folder it was not there. had to do the copy and paste trick.

is there something I am missing here?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I've got it and have used it on several long range flights, and it works as advertised. That said, I haven't seen where it's made a significant difference in the quality/accuracy of my flight or the pre-flight planning apps like PFPX. I'm assuming it gives you slightly more accurate en-route arrival times on your legs, but again any significant, noticeable difference escapes me. I still arrive at my final destination almost exactly spot-on with the predicted PFPX times and fuel burn as I had before updating.

I am not sure your complaint here... Active Sky and PFPX do different things.

I am not sure your complaint here... Active Sky and PFPX do different things.

You have mistaken an observation for a complaint. I was merely responding to the OP's request for hearing user thoughts on the new AS2012 wind export capability. I'm fully aware that AS and PFPX do different things; I've been at this hobby for about 15 years now.

You have mistaken an observation for a complaint. I was merely responding to the OP's request for hearing user thoughts on the new AS2012 wind export capability. I'm fully aware that AS and PFPX do different things; I've been at this hobby for about 15 years now.

You said you haven't seen it make any difference when compared to FPFX, that isn't an observation if both programs are completely different. The point to get the exported wind data is to have the correct data for your fmc.