Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Want more FPS with the 777?

Does it save VAS....that's what I'm worried about

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I just tried it for a long haul and honestly I don't think this improved my fps at all right now. But I'm still sitting at the gate...  so let's see what happens in-flight.

This "tweak" is my find, but I'm sure someone already discovered this tweak in the past.

Anyway, if you want to admire external model, or watch FSRecorder replays of landings and stuff, just edit model.cfg again, and RELOAD the plane, that should do it.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

1. I don't understand the point of this tweak... if your holding atleast 30 constant while you are flying your fine... FSX's FPS only needs to be half the refresh rate of your monitor for it to be smooth. Honestly trying to push FSX past 30 is ridiculous because when the FPS is like at 50 and drops to 30 your gonna see a stutter. Its better to hold a steady number constantly then try to push for something high and not have the ability to hold the higher number. Try keeping your FPS at 30, stabilize everything, if you could lock it at that number you will be fine, the only time you see stutters is when the FPS changes and thats more likely to happen the higher you try to push the FPS.

2. In reality this isn't even a tweak, all that you did was exclude the external model from being loaded so all you have is a VC and at that point it doesn't really make sense in the longrun since its a stop-gap measure, it doesn't solve the actual problem your having... its just a make shift solution which really isn't a solution at all.

3. Its your simulator; in the end you can do whatever you want even if it doesn't make sense logically, this is just my opinion... so guys don't jump down my throat because of this post. lol

I would also want to get rid of virtual cabin! It's a huge FPS killer in 777 and NGX. PMDG should make an option to exclude this!!!!

I also have CS 767 and if I exclude virtual cabin I have + 10FPS, that is a huge gain in FPS!!!!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

I would also want to get rid of virtual cabin! It's a huge FPS killer in 777 and NGX. PMDG should make an option to exclude this!!!!
+1, fully second this. I don't even know how to see the virtual cabin...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

You don't understand the point of this tweak.

Sometimes you have to explain the most simple things. The SS above are from a view that is light on fps if I had used a UK airport from UK2000 and Orbx ENG fps would normal be around 22, for me 30 fps like you say is the magic number. I lock my fps at 30 but don't get that number with the NGX or T7.

If you cannot see the "sense" in gaining a lot of fps to help do just what you say, to be stable at 30 fps, then yes there is no point. The SS above where to show the gains to be had.

Can you not see that scene is very light on fps to show the gains from this "tweak".

It's not really a tweak? Well a tweak IMO is something that gains me fps and because I don't miss the external view helps a lot with fps for a cost of nothing to me.

If that makes "no logical sense" for anyone to what to improve there fps to help have a good fixed fps of around 30 then nothing does.

You right in if we could all have 30 fps anywhere with all setting max out locked at 30 fps this tweak or what ever you class as a tweak would be pointless.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Sometimes you have to explain the most simple things. The SS above are from a view that is light on fps if I had used a UK airport from UK2000 and Orbx ENG fps would normal be around 22, for me 30 fps like you say is the magic number. I lock my fps at 30 but don't get that number with the NGX or T7.

If you cannot see the "sense" in gaining a lot of fps to help do just what you say, to be stable at 30 fps, then yes there is no point. The SS above where to show the gains to be had.

Can you not see that scene is very light on fps to show the gains from this "tweak".

It's not really a tweak? Well a tweak IMO is something that gains me fps and because I don't miss the external view helps a lot with fps for a cost of nothing to me.

If that makes "no logical sense" for anyone to what to improve there fps to help have a good fixed fps of around 30 then nothing does.

You right in if we could all have 30 fps anywhere with all setting max out locked at 30 fps this tweak or what ever you class as a tweak would be pointless.

I'm with you for some extra FPS!

PMDG aircraft are a huge FPS hit on my system because of the mouse cursor, I also have other complex addon's that are working at 30FPS locked and no mouse cursor problem either. If we could remove the virtual cabin I'm sure we can get some more FPS, enough to be stable at 30. Maybe we can delete the virtual cabin textures and see what happens! I'm not home right now, but I will try to see what I can do! 

If PMDG read's this maybe they could help. I just want an option to disable Virtual cabin for NGX and 777 just like Captain Sim has!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Hi David,

+1!

Im constantly trying to keep my FPS around 20+ - but have tough times achieving that. Yes, I need to give up some graphics in order to keep the T7 run smoothly. Your tweak maybe a help for me, so I appreciate it! I rather have the beautyfull sceneries & addon airports, rather than admire the T7 from external view. ofcourse its fun to see how AES loads the baggage etc, but then again, you have to choose, either smooth FPS or eyecandy at the tarmac....

I will definitely try this during the weekend to see whether this gives me any boost. In the end, as a pilot, you hardly can sit on your wing going mach .84 in reality and admire the wing flex :)

These things are just what makes this site and the FSX world so great - innovative people trying to get most out of the FSX! :)

Thanks mate!

Cheers

As someone said i am only woried about the VAS limit..

if it is going down ith this and i can have lod radius 6.5 without OOM i will do it asap..

And when i need screenshots i will re enable it and do the screenies with fsrecorder

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

A better way to achieve the same thing, without losing the external model, is tick off the Hi-Def 3D Cockpit option  in the FSX Aircraft settings. Loss of Graphic quality is minimal if at all and you can double your frames.

My PFD/ND looks bad with low resolution when doing this (i am running 1900x1200) But increases FPS in OMDB from 45 to 54fps

Michael Moe

Good idea!

I will recheck today!

Thank You very much for sharing!

I also have CS 767 and if I exclude virtual cabin I have + 10FPS, that is a huge gain in FPS!!!!

+1, fully second this. I don't even know how to see the virtual cabin...

+1

The only thing that really worries me with the 777 so far is indeed OOM's as well.

So anything that lowers the VAS load of the 777 is most appreciated! (... and yes i have set my FSX as adviced in the 777 introduction-manual, i.e. LOD=4.5, sceneries i don't fly into are turned off via scenery cfg. editor, AI=turned off and so on...)

Therefore:

If deactivating either the external model or the cabin (if that option should one day become available) offers some relief from the 777's VAS load, i'd really be most thankful!

Cheers, Christoph

Just tested.

in LGIR heavy scenery with custom photoreal...

With Outside model: VAS -> 3.55GB

Without external model: VAS -> 3.11GB

so i think this will make the difference

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

I had no performance increase at all. 20fps avg at EGLL active runway, the same afterward. The only thing that changed was the external view (FPS increase).

Aamir Thacker