Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Cockpit Dome lights with DX10 fixer

Hi everyone,

I notice that the VC dome lights do not work with DX10. I can look up and see them on, however they do not light up the cockpit. Is there a trick to this by chance i may have missed? Thanks in advance... and Jim...here I go again, I know!

Best, Jeff

Thanks Jim,

I did look within the DX10Fixer forums and didn't seem to see anything yet about the dome light issue.

Has anyone else had this situation?

It also effects, for example the A2A 172 as the light splash on the glare shield is dim now as well other than the backlights which works fine. I guess this effect is used for that as well as overall light splash within the VC?

Best, Jeff

Works perfectly for me, using it now in the PMDG 737NGX

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Thanks SierraHotel for the reply.

Actually, haven't tried the NGX yet. 

Was there any specific setting(s) you had selected in DX10Fixer that maybe I missed? The only option I did not select was the 8 bit texture fix.

If it helps, the couple of AC that the dome lights won't work are... AirbusXExtended, Majestic Dash8400. If you do have them, would you mind seeing what results are for you? Thanks so very much in advance. :-) 

Best, Jeff

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "DX-10 Discussions, Hints and Help". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

StormVR6....

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!.... Oh by the way, did I say thanks??? That was the problem. Just tried it out in the Majestic Dash Q400. I am very surprised more members didn't have the issue or know how to fix. I hope this helps others. Number of lights was indeed 1 in the FSX cfg. Changing it to a value of 8 did the trick. Should have seen the obvious. Unlike FS9 that had a number of lights slider, FSX does not.

It's nice to have dome lights back when doing pre flight etc... Thanks again :-)

Best, Jeff

Glad you've also got it sorted, Jeff.

A strange anomaly that had us both scratching our heads. 

Cheers

Mark.

Hi Mark,

Actually I was past scratching my head and was starting to pull hair out!!! I didn't need to be doing that....

At my age things can thin out all by themselves without helping it along!  Thanks again!

Best, Jeff

Hi everyone,

I notice that the VC dome lights do not work with DX10. I can look up and see them on, however they do not light up the cockpit. Is there a trick to this by chance i may have missed? Thanks in advance... and Jim...here I go again, I know!

Best, Jeff

:lol:   Glad you were able to find a fix Jeff before you pulled all that hair out.  I didn't realize there was a problem with the VC Dome Lights but then all I fly anymore are the PMDG737 and 777 and pretty soon the 747.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10