Sign in to follow this  
flyingjafo

Are these planes fixable ?

I'm  seriously considering purchasing the new DX10 fixer and making the switch! I just noticed when i enabled the stock DX10 preview box that some of my payware planes went "white" with no textures. They are the just flight DC10 and the just flight 767 and my 2004 wings of power that i ported over from Fs9 into FSX. I fly these planes regularly and would be sad if the fixer wont Fix this. My gut feeling is telling me they are "legacy" and will need a patch from the developers, which i have not seen on their websites.

Thanks for any advice!

Jeff

Your best bet is to try the freeware Patch 3.2.2  from here, or the Avsim Library, as this may answer your question.

Someone else might jump in here with the answer.........

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

the freeware patch won't fix fs9 portovers, you need the full fixer for that.  most of my fs9 portovers work fine for me, but unfortunately I don't have any of the ones mentioned by the OP.  I did have a couple fs9 planes not work, but I haven't gone full bore trying to fix them yet.  IRIS EAP and POSKY 777 are the ones that hurt the most.  the fixer fixed the blank white textures, but now the glass textures are opaque, and in the 777 the EFIS panels are all black.

Thanks for the reply shawn and paul. I suppose i can easily use the DX10 fixer program to revert back to DX9  with a click of the mouse, so if i want to do a flight with an incompatible plane i would click over to Dx9. after that flight I would click back to DX10. I wonder if folks with the new fixer are easily flipping between the two with out any hicups?

the freeware patch won't fix fs9 portovers, you need the full fixer for that.  most of my fs9 portovers work fine for me, but unfortunately I don't have any of the ones mentioned by the OP.  I did have a couple fs9 planes not work, but I haven't gone full bore trying to fix them yet.  IRIS EAP and POSKY 777 are the ones that hurt the most.  the fixer fixed the blank white textures, but now the glass textures are opaque, and in the 777 the EFIS panels are all black.

Have you tried the legacy slider in position 5 - it is bad news for airports mind so don't leave it there. The other thing to try is the 8bit fix - messes up loads and loads of scenery as well but the combo may get you plane working for flights between non legacy airports.

Jeff, before the DX10 fixer I had several AI planes and full planes that were ported over from FS2004 that were "ghosts" including VC. Even the ported planes such as Carenado, Aerosim, Simmmer's sky did not work in Steve's free patch. After installing the DX Fixer I have not found one "ghost plane" and all the ported ones are as good as new.

Regards,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Have you tried the legacy slider in position 5 - it is bad news for airports mind so don't leave it there. The other thing to try is the 8bit fix - messes up loads and loads of scenery as well but the combo may get you plane working for flights between non legacy airports.

thanks Steve for all your work on DX10,  it's a whole new sim now!

as for the planes I mentioned, I already had tried running on 5, and the 8bit fix,  no joy with any collection of tweaks in the fixer.  I did also try to  run the manual texture conversions with the controller app.  come to think of it, I haven't tried running without the 8 bit fix,  it's been on since I installed the fixer.

the strange thing with these two planes is:   when I first load the flight, for about 2-4 seconds I can see out the windows, and I am filled with false hope.  then all the textures load, and I am in IFR hood land again.  don't know if that's helpful at all, and these two planes are not essential to my well being,  so if it's never fixed I'm OK,  but it may help others if we can figure out what's going on.

Jeff, before the DX10 fixer I had several AI planes and full planes that were ported over from FS2004 that were "ghosts" including VC. Even the ported planes such as Carenado, Aerosim, Simmmer's sky did not work in Steve's free patch. After installing the DX Fixer I have not found one "ghost plane" and all the ported ones are as good as new. Regards,

Thanks Carl! I'm encouraged to buy this fixer and give it a try.... but i guess i gotta wait for the next version to come out as it is no longer available to purchase. Hope it is soon, it's the weekend I'm getting anxious! lol :P

Not sure about the Just Flight/CLS planes.

I have all of them but I only have the A330/340 installed in my FSX at the moment.

For the A330/340, the external textures come out right, but from the VC, you can't see out the windows.  It's just plain grey.  The fixer probably doesn't recognize the texture they used for the VC window tint.  External lights only visible from certain angles.

My guess is that the VC windows *might* work with the DC-10 if you replace the default texture with the clear, non-tinted one... http://www.commerciallevel.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10206

But I haven't installed the DC-10 in FSX yet because I prefer flying it in FS9.  So take it with a grain of salt.

At the moment, you're probably better off flying the JF/CLS planes in DX9.  Going back and forth between DX9 and DX10 is very easy with the fixer.

I have the JF A318, 319, and 320. I have had no problems with using these planes with the DX10 fixer. I also did not have any problems prior to installing the fixer when using Steve's original shader. I would have thought that since these planes work well the DC10 and A330 should work as well. You might try adjusting the "legacy shader" to see if it would help.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I have the JF A318, 319, and 320. I have had no problems with using these planes with the DX10 fixer. I also did not have any problems prior to installing the fixer when using Steve's original shader. I would have thought that since these planes work well the DC10 and A330 should work as well. You might try adjusting the "legacy shader" to see if it would help.

The JF A318/19/20 are made in-house by Just Flight while the DC-10 and A330 are made by CLS and distributed by Just Flight.

I will try adjusting the legacy shader and see what happens.

Thanks.

I have the Just Flight/CLS B-767 and have it now working in DX10 mode. :smile:

I use the DX10 fixer, and that one fixes the external textures. For the VC opaque windows though, I found that the .bmp file cls767_VC_t in the main CLS_767_textures map is the problem. It's the alpha layer that's not for some reason works in DX10 mode. So I made a new alpha layer for the .bmp file, using the great freeware tool "DXTBmp", and now I have transparent VC windows again!

/Torbjörn Kuntze

I use the DX10 fixer, and that one fixes the external textures. For the VC opaque windows though, I found that the .bmp file cls767_VC_t in the main CLS_767_textures map is the problem. It's the alpha layer that's not for some reason works in DX10 mode. So I made a new alpha layer for the .bmp file, using the great freeware tool "DXTBmp", and now I have transparent VC windows again!

/Torbjörn Kuntze

Thank you, sir!  I think that should also work on the other CLS planes.

Is it possible to just delete the bmp file and end up with completely transparent VC windows?  I can't stand CLS's window tint on all their aircrafts.

Do all your external lights work correctly.  For the A330, the nav lights and strobe are only visible from certain angles.  I have DX10 lights and effects enabled in the fixer.

Thank you, sir!  I think that should also work on the other CLS planes.

Is it possible to just delete the bmp file and end up with completely transparent VC windows?  I can't stand CLS's window tint on all their aircrafts.

Do all your external lights work correctly.  For the A330, the nav lights and strobe are only visible from certain angles.  I have DX10 lights and effects enabled in the fixer.

Well, I'm not sure if it's possible to get the windows compleatly transparent. My guess is though, that it's not possible to delete the .bmp file, as long as the file is addressed somewhere in the airplanes code. FSX usually fill out such non-existant files with black color.

My nav and strobe lights is, like yours, not visible in certain angles. But I can live with that, as most of my flying is from the cockpit, and I don't see them anyway.

/Torbjörn Kuntze

Thank you for this good news Torbjorn ! I suppose i need to get this Freeware tool and do like you said for the file  cls767_VC_t ....unless you can upload/email it to me and maurice?