Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Do we Love X-Plane? Don't we?

Use both XPX and FSX, in terms of eyecandy and scenery fsx wins. From dusk, night, dawn XPX is better. Flight model perfer XPX as feel more action to reaction flying than fsx. Xplane 10.3 won't be big wow do not except it to, but incremental improvements to scenery w/XPX would make it more eye pleasing . If autogen can be regionalized like France, USA southwest, UK, USA Midwest start to critics shut up some. I do see XPX as good alternative if you run things at medium settings as scaling of features to me better setup than fsx, Making scenery in XPX becoming easier with time than FSX.

Use both XPX and FSX, in terms of eyecandy and scenery fsx wins. From dusk, night, dawn XPX is better. Flight model perfer XPX as feel more action to reaction flying than fsx. Xplane 10.3 won't be big wow do not except it to, but incremental improvements to scenery w/XPX would make it more eye pleasing . If autogen can be regionalized like France, USA southwest, UK, USA Midwest start to critics shut up some. I do see XPX as good alternative if you run things at medium settings as scaling of features to me better setup than fsx, Making scenery in XPX becoming easier with time than FSX.

Mark Solved

Selective Quote

Well captured Gizmo, couldn't agree more. Actually I just don't think you should sell the bunnys... Poor bunnys.... :-)

Another argument in favor of XPX, and one that comes to my mind each time I read about the upcoming P3D v2... It'll certainly be great in many aspects, but, the core physics are the same of ESP / MSFS.... Nothing new in that area, meaning that XPX continues to offer an excellent alternative.

With the upcoming products to enhance the skies, and probably even a weather injector, either by the REX of FSGRW teams, and all efforts like those who contributed to the airport database, the OSM databases, SimHeaven and AlpilotX, I am sure X-Plane 10 will look even better in a couple of months.

For me, although I still fight some quirks, it's definitely on pair with FSX, everything weighted. I use each for what is best in each one...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

There's plenty of potential.

Massive amounts in fact. You can go check out the P3D forum though for what's coming. Don't want to derail this thread.

Just went through the features that'll be implemented in V2. I must say I am very impressed. This is going to be a game changer and my 6th sense says that we'll be seeing a HUGE crowd of FSX users jumping over to Prepar3d v2. X-plane 10 in it's current form doesn't interest me anymore.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

I wanted to Love X-plane but now my copy is up for sale because it is a TrackIR disaster! Goodbye X-plane 10 Hello P3D V2

I wanted to Love X-plane but now my copy is up for sale because it is a TrackIR disaster! Goodbye X-plane 10 Hello P3D V2

Really, TrackIR? You couldn't figure it out hey?

XPlane has a great plus: Runs in Apple OS....Rock solid platform.

Unfortunately, from what I read, seems like FSX has gone as far as it can go operating system-wise (Win-7).

I wish XPlane could not too far in the future replace FSX in terms of add-ons and content.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Really, TrackIR? You couldn't figure it out hey?

Bla Bla Bla. Everyone knows by now that TrackIr is Crap is X-plane 10!

If it takes figuring out its doesn't work. It is obviously broken and dev. either doesn't want too or can't fix it

TrackIR works fine for me...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

If it takes figuring out its doesn't work. It is obviously broken and dev. either doesn't want too or can't fix it

lol, nothing is broken, it works right out of the box, you just haven't figured it out yet. Good luck with Prepoop3d v2. :lol:

TrackIR works in X Plane like it does in FSX. No difference.

It is obviously broken and dev. either doesn't want too or can't fix it

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. TrackIR is not broken. You're obviously not doing something right.

lol, nothing is broken, it works right out of the box, you just haven't figured it out yet. Good luck with Prepoop3d v2. :lol:

Out of every piece of software I have ever used TrackIR on X-plane 10 is the worst. After posting about it every reply I got acknowledged that it was an issue that had no satisfactory fix. In X-plane 10 TrackIR only works in the so called 3D Cockpit Views (despite there being only one). It requires a check mark in a box to activate. Fine! In X-plane 10 it is possible to move the pilots’ point of view in "3D Cockpit Views" using up, Down, Left, right, Period and Comma Keys. However none of these keys work when TrackIR is enabled.

Granted the Wild default movement using TrackIR in X-Plane 10 is fixable up to a point using the TrackIR GUI and very carefully making a dedicated Profile for it. Likely taking an hour. Even with that there are movements in X-plane 10 using TrackIR that are not reported in the TrackIR GUI or other applications. And as far As I can tell it is because X-plane 10 does not interpolate the center of the users head and just uses the center of the three dots. If you are facing forward in the C172 3D Cockpit view and Turn your head to the left in the TrackIR GUI the head turns around its center point to the left. In X-plane 10 your head turns to the left but it also swings in a semi-circular arc forward and to the left leaving the viewer looking backwards with their head outside the left side of the airplane. With this motion there is no lateral motion of the head in the TrackIR GUI or other applications! There is semi-circular arc resulting in a large lateral change of position of the pilots head to the left in X-plane 10!

There is no way for the user to fix this. TrackIR is broken in X-plane because it merely tracks the movement of the 3 dots. Other apps track the movement of the three dot and interpolate a center which is the apex of a 3 sided pyramid around which movement occurs.

Did I read this somewhere? NO! Anyone with a good special relations aptitude can just see this on the screen in front of them.

I guarantee you that if the simmers who have already given up on X-plane 10 where reading this a whole bunch would cite this as the reason.

Aside from that I thought that it ran very well on my System and I liked the look of it. But the very weak TrackIR experience was intolerable and unfixable for me.

Don't let on there are no Issues. If there were not, who would ask; "Do we Love X-Plane? Don't we?"

TrackIR in X-Plane 10 is Broken!

P3D will be a great simulation platform, no doubt about it, BUT!!!!  it will inherit exactly the same FDM of MSFS / ESP - nothing new in this area.

This is not bad, because contrarily to most oppinions I find that well designed aircraft can give us a real good time in FSX / P3D, but I do think X-Plane can go ahead in this area, given it's potential, AND if Austin finally finds the time to tune some aspects of the FDM, engines / systems, interaction with panels, GPS ( I doubt ) simulations...

I still find GA flying very rewarding in X-Plane 10, the scenery very good, and easy to bring to top standards without having to pay a lot for add-ons if you can't afford it, and I enjoy flying good helicopter models in X-Plane 10 too.

I also believe the progress in the Weather add-ons, with new 3d cloud rendering, probably a good weather injector, etc... will bring new, even better, live to X-Plane 10 users.

Then, I have to say that I really want to  keep supporting X-Plane because it is a great project, is cross-platform and thus allows for users on other OSs to be able to use it, has a small team behind it ( and I don't think that's thjeir fault...) and... the ammount Austin and LR have made with X-Plane 10 sells are certainly way bellow what MSFS, and the great 3pds players for FSX / P3d do each time they release a new product, meaning that, unless I want to shoot at my own feet and help killing this project, the best I have to do is supporting it and be a little more patient...

Products like the Saab 340, the Carenados, the freeware scenery packages, the upcoming weaher add-ons, certainly make X-Plane more than worth the keep for me!!!!

Yesterday, with the precious help of Felis, I was able to get my IL-14 working in X-plane 10 64 bit!!! Whow!!! That guy really knows how to design a complex aircraft for X-plane!!! And this one is as old as XP9, and still one of the best for XP10 IMO...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

TrackIR in X-Plane 10 is Broken!

Dave,

Sorry you're having problems with TrackIR. For me, it worked from the get-go, I've never experienced what you describe. I'm using the TrackClip Pro.