Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

Flight Sim Store Installer READ ME!

As far as I can work it out the situation is this.

The Flight Sim Store Installer/Wrapper was simply meant to ask for a directory to install DX10SceneryFixer into.

The default was Program Files\DX10SceneryFixer. (which was fine)

There was some text which confusingly referred to the FSX installation directory - I can only guess that this came from use with a previous product.

If you left the default choice then you are fine.

If you selected browse and selected the FSX Installation directory or any other location then the wrapper will have appended DX10SceneryFixer as a sub directory and you are still fine.

If you typed in the path of your FSX installation directory so e,g c:\FSX then you have a problem.

In these circumstances you must carefully follow the instruction in the FSS email

i.e DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES UNINSTALL at this point.

download again

Install again using the default location

It is then necessary to clean up the old installation by deleting the files - I will post more instructions - do not click the uninstall link in the old installation.

Anyone who has used my installer is fine that is MSI based and could never do this.

Just to confirm to you all, this issue is only a problem if you have installed to somewhere other than the default location AND to a folder that already contains another application. If you accepted the default location as given by the installer you have no need to worry about the uninstaller removing anything other than the actual DX10 Scenery Fixer program itself.

If you have been caught out by this issue and had the uninstaller remove something that it shouldn't have please contact FSS via store [at] flightsimstore [dot] com.

Cheers, Adrian

fss-forum-sig400x60.jpg

Hi Steve,

I've been reading all the posts saying what a wonderful addon your DX10 Fixer is. My finger is hovering over the download button...but before I press it, I just want to be absolutely sure I don't foul up on the install.

I have two HDDs, C:\ for my OS - W7 64, and D:\ for FSX + all my ORBX stuff. The path to FSX is D:\myfsx. So, presumably your DX10 Fixer installer will default to C:\...ok if I accept that? Or should I install to a new folder on D:\...say D:\dx10fixer?

Thanks for your advice,

Don

Hi Steve,

I've been reading all the posts saying what a wonderful addon your DX10 Fixer is. My finger is hovering over the download button...but before I press it, I just want to be absolutely sure I don't foul up on the install.

I have two HDDs, C:\ for my OS - W7 64, and D:\ for FSX + all my ORBX stuff. The path to FSX is D:\myfsx. So, presumably your DX10 Fixer installer will default to C:\...ok if I accept that? Or should I install to a new folder on D:\...say D:\dx10fixer?

Thanks for your advice,

Don

You can install to the default location give by the installer, or any other folder of its own, so D:\DX10Fixer is fine.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers, Adrian

fss-forum-sig400x60.jpg

Yes - "D:\DX10_Fixer", or similar, will be absolutely fine, Don! 

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.