Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

WHATS GOING ON, HERE?!? Does DX10Fixer 'fix' a little more...like DX9?!?!?

I thought dx10 Fixer was claiming better FPS other than looking better I have had nothing but problems especially with pmdg products in dx10, guess its back to dx9 as fixer is unusable as is.

Rich Sennett

I switch to DX9 just to see if i have the same results and ...yes! I have double frame rate in DX9 than DX10! Almost 40+ in DX9 and 20+ in DX10 at FSdreamteam KLAX (on the ground)!

Before the fix i had 20fps in DX9. And until now i never managed even with the lowest settings to get DX10 to frames over 20! And i remember with the free patches to have 40+ fps.

So maybe something in the Fixer is in reverse mode?

Do you keep the same FSX.CFG file when you switch back to DX9? And if so, what edits (if any) do you manually make to the file? And do you still run AA from FSX after switching back to DX9? Or do you go back to NI for AA, and if so- what settings?

As asked above, any changes to libraries?

Thanks, Bruce.

Do you keep the same FSX.CFG file when you switch back to DX9? And if so, what edits (if any) do you manually make to the file? And do you still run AA from FSX after switching back to DX9? Or do you go back to NI for AA, and if so- what settings?

As asked above, any changes to libraries?

Thanks, Bruce.

Cfg files are rebuilded in both DXs. I uncheck AA in FSX cause SweetFx not work in DX9 if it is checked. No settings to libraries. I have FSPS Xtreme and change between 2 profiles: DX9 and DX10 so Xtreme turns on and off the Fixer automatically. 

I thought dx10 Fixer was claiming better FPS other than looking better I have had nothing but problems especially with pmdg products in dx10, guess its back to dx9 as fixer is unusable as is.

The only serious and weird issue is the fps drop in DX10 and the fps rise in DX9. Be patient. I think that is something in the Fixer that Steve could change.

3 people with the same experience? I think we're on to something!!!

You're right! Steve just "tell" the Fixer to rise up the fps in DX10 not in DX9! So simple :rolleyes: I love DX10!!!!!!!!!

If this "magic trick" also works with OOM errors, then I would jump back to DX9 in a heartbeat. The water and wave animation in REX DX9 mode looks so much better than DX10.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If this "magic trick" also works with OOM errors, then I would jump back to DX9 in a heartbeat. The water and wave animation in REX DX9 mode looks so much better than DX10.

Especially after FS Water Configurator fiddling. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Did you guys kept fixer libraries installed and all the shader fixes ticked including compatible lights before switching back to DX9? I Uninstalled the libraries and unticked all the shaders before I switched back to DX9 and the performance is smooooth, but it isn't better. I will try the bloom later on.

Anyway I've tried everything to get DX10 working properly with the fixer, but with no luck, lots of stutters, and NGX 737 performance is awful in DX10.

Yes sir.  All I did was to use the mask to switch back to DX9. I left everything as I would if running still under DX10 Preview.  With what I just posted, that is how I ended up with stellar DX9 performance, post Steve's Fixer installation.  Go figure!

I can't get my FSX to OOM, even with a LOD_RADIUS of 8.5

I can fly now in DX9 (post Fixer install) as long as I want, with Bloom and everything else on that was impossible to  maintain before. My mean FPS average is 27-30 in most settings. I have found no longer a need to tweak FSX. I just keep my hands out of the .cfg file and ....fly.

Hmmm mixed feelings here. Smoooooth perormance in dx9 without stutters with unlocked frames, but bloom is still a fps killer. I'm missing something here? Maybe you guys are using #15 build for dx10 fixer? Just a thought.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

All I did was to use the mask to switch back to DX9

Hi there Sesquashtoo

By "use the mask" do you mean manually edit the fsx.cfg file or use the DX10 fixer to switch back to DX9.?

Cheers

Jay

Sesquashtoo,

similar things have happened to me even in FS9, sudden performance boosts, suddenly improved visuals - all seemingly at random. Sometimes I have thought this to be a consequence of OTHER programs (i.e. unrelated to FS) whichsomehow influenced FS.

Unfortunately the goodies tend to disappear as suddenly as they appeared after a while ...

Personally I believe what you describe entirely plausible and the best you can do is not fiddle with your system and keep your fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Sascha

Jay,

I think Mitch means that he used the DX10 Fixer utility to switch back to DX9 mode, without doing anything else.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hmmm mixed feelings here. Smoooooth perormance in dx9 without stutters with unlocked frames, but bloom is still a fps killer. I'm missing something here? Maybe you guys are using #15 build for dx10 fixer? Just a thought.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

I'm using .19 right now, but you were right, when I first noticed the 'Hybrid' (smile...), it was with the RTM version. I don't know if that has any bearing, but as I haven't got a clue as to why the Fixer 'fixed' my DX9 as a bonus, I can only state what was in play, what I did, whatever to have this effect upon my system as posted.

Jay,

I think Mitch means that he used the DX10 Fixer utility to switch back to DX9 mode, without doing anything else.

Affirmative. I tweaked nothing, set nothing different before I switched back to DX9 (through the use of the DX9/DX10) fixer mask flip in Steve's program.  That was the state of affairs, for when I first noticed I had the same DX10'esqe performance (FPS and smoothness) also now in DX9.

Hi there Sesquashtoo

By "use the mask" do you mean manually edit the fsx.cfg file or use the DX10 fixer to switch back to DX9.?

Cheers

Jay

No .cfg alteration...merely 'flip' back to DX9 through the means provided in Steve's program.  I just want to also state that I still from the date of my 'What's going on here' post...that the performance has stuck around.  I also wish to mention that I have downloaded onto my outboard drive, a total System Image File, so to capture whatever the heck is in play here.....

Sesquashtoo,

similar things have happened to me even in FS9, sudden performance boosts, suddenly improved visuals - all seemingly at random. Sometimes I have thought this to be a consequence of OTHER programs (i.e. unrelated to FS) whichsomehow influenced FS.

Unfortunately the goodies tend to disappear as suddenly as they appeared after a while ...

Personally I believe what you describe entirely plausible and the best you can do is not fiddle with your system and keep your fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Sascha

Absolutely correct advice, Sascha.  As I can not completely with confidence state..that it was THIS that I did, or it was THAT setting in Steve's program that turned on the afterburners in DX9...I can only say that only after I installed Steve's DX10 Fixer porgam, did I experience an overdrive version of DX9, which is totally stable from the first date of this thread. It has not, gone back to the FPS and smoothness performance prior to having first installed the 'Fix', which was at least 10 FPS less.  I can only therefore suggest, that it was the 'switch' that not only fixed DX10 to be truly usable, but for whatever...for whatever reason (in total ignorance of it....) it also perfectly 'fixed' DX9 on my system as well.  Believe me Sascha, I have no intention of messing any further with either my .cfg file, or any feature within FSX itself.  I have FSX running with every option full-wide-open, so what more can I ask of it...and all at 27-30 FPS!  What's to further tweak, thank gawd! :)

Thanks, Mitch. I am going to test that on my PC.

You are most welcome, and I apologize for simply not knowing what the heck happened.  I know how frustrating it is to read someone's post about how his/her FSX performance went vertical...and then not give a step-by-step hand hold to allow someone to also realize the end result.  I did though feel it was worth it to post originally that, at least on my system, blah, blah, this was a finding...and here is what is happening, post install on this forum.  I can feel great though, that at least three other persons have also found this finding (DX9) to be happening on their system now as well.  This is not a Jedi Mind Trick.  This is the real deal....and even Steve is scratching his head...and probably saying..."yeah...right....".  :huh:

Christopher Low, on 17 Oct 2013 - 2:00 PM, said:

Jay,

Affirmative. I tweaked nothing, set nothing different before I switched back to DX9 (through the use of the DX9/DX10) fixer mask flip in Steve's program.  That was the state of affairs, for when I first noticed I had the same DX10'esqe performance (FPS and smoothness) also now in DX9.
jkeye, on 17 Oct 2013 - 1:09 PM, said:

Hi there Sesquashtoo
Cheers
Jay

No .cfg alteration...merely 'flip' back to DX9 through the means provided in Steve's program.  I just want to also state that I still from the date of my 'What's going on here' post...that the performance has stuck around.  I also wish to mention that I have downloaded onto my outboard drive, a total System Image File, so to capture whatever the heck is in play here.....

Intriguing

I just read the DX10 fixer manual and it suggests that switching to DX9 removes the DX10 installed libraries.

Trying to get my head around what actually changed for you....

Jay

Intriguing

I just read the DX10 fixer manual and it suggests that switching to DX9 removes the DX10 installed libraries.

Trying to get my head around what actually changed for you....

Jay

...have no idea how, Jay.  The change was like night and day from pre to post install.   BTW, if you have FSXG, I just posted a fully modified TERRAIN.cfg  for those entries that tell FSX where to place UTX roadways in the Unofficial ORBX forum.  I had to make a few changes to allow full rural and urban lighting up of those roadways.  The effect is stunning.  Just a head's up.  Have fun...well er..the copy and paste routine is a PITA, but the end result is a KEEPER! (large...a very large smile).....

P.S....I always press SAVE at least three times to make sure that the O.S.  does just THAT! :)