Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

WHATS GOING ON, HERE?!? Does DX10Fixer 'fix' a little more...like DX9?!?!?

Mitch, am I right that you use only one(!) fsx.cfg  and one(!) NI setting for both, dx9 and dx10. Do you switch between dx10/dx9 using the dx10 scenery fixer?

I am asking this because I am using a dual set-up which allows me to use fsx.exe (calling fsx.cfg) -> goes to dx10 and fsx_dx9.exe (calling fsx_dx9.cfg) -> goes to dx9. Together with two new NI profiles which have different executables (fsx.exe, respectively fsx_dx9.exe) I can totally separate my dx9 and dx10 settings without permanently changing it. The executable file fsx_dx9.exe is simply a renamed copy of the original fsx.exe in the fsx main folder. A desktop link to fsx_dx9.exe can than be modified to call the corresponding configuration file. This is simply done by adding "/fsx_dx9.cfg" in the "properties" window of the  desktop link in the "target" line.

I am not sure if I really see any difference running dx9 compared to the time before I installed and used the dx10 scenery fixer. Maybe using such complete isolated settings could help you (us) to figure this out.

It would also be interesting to know if 'normal' switching between dx10 and dx9 using the dx10 scenery fixer does anything else than setting dx10=1 or dx10=0 in the fsx.cfg.

Cheers,

Harry

Hi Harry,

About your question regarding do I use one FSX.cfg as well as one FSX N.I. file.....the answer is no.  You can't.  You see, as soon as you bring online (within the DX10 Fixer mask, DX10, that program writes to extra lines in the FSX.cfg file to address AA.  As you can see in my prior post, those two lines are missing. I edited them out and then saved my FSX. cfg file again.  You don't need them in DX9.  I have a saved DX10 N.I. that I would import, anytime I would use DX10 in the future, if so.  So, you need two files of each, one for DX9, and the other of course for DX10.   What you see posted again, is for trying to achieve my DX10 like performance results, but with using DX9 for total sim compatibility.  The good news, is that any time since 'my discovery of such'...it has been sweet running all the way with DX9.  Hours at flight...full features enabled, and great graphics and Bloom and Flare integration, along with SHADE.  I am very, very happy with this situation, and so extremely satisfied at the turn of events.  For whatever reason this occured, (still don't know...)  it was after buying Steve's program, playing around with all of its features, and in going back and forth about three times between DX10 and DX9, with my NOT disabling (uninstalling) the DX10 Shader libraries. They show as still active and installed, and up to date, but the mask shows me in DX9 mode, as rightly so.

So, as you have arrived by a different method, I merely just removed the two lines the fixer adds for DX10 AA mode, and just import my DX9 N.I. if I would go from DX10 to DX9.  I reverse that process (takes 30 seconds...) to go from DX9 to DX10, as then, all I have to do...is import my N.I. DX10 cfg.  The Fixer of course, adds the two lines as soon as you set it to DX10 and as Capt. Lucard is fond of saying; "Engage...."....

Cheers!

Mitch

Anyone help me with this; only witnessed this issue with Aerosoft's EHAM under the new DX10 Fixer, not there when I revert to DX9 and I haven't a clue how to resolve. Removed re-installed airport scenery and moved up and down scenery library in FSX  all to no avail? Large flat square yellow area replacing ground textures, had to describe as wasn't able to attach picture.

Otherwise DX10 Fixer has made my FSX experience like a new flight simulator, simply amazing!!

The DX10 Fixer inserts these two lines into the [GRAPHICS] section of FSX.cfg, if you choose any of the DX10 AA settings:

MultiSamplesPerPixel=x   
MultiSampleQuality=y

They don't go away if you return to DX9 mode, so if you already had AA enabled in DX9 mode, the settings could influence the behavior of FSX.

The DX10 Fixer inserts these two lines into the [GRAPHICS] section of FSX.cfg, if you choose any of the DX10 AA settings:

MultiSamplesPerPixel=x   
MultiSampleQuality=y

They don't go away if you return to DX9 mode, so if you already had AA enabled in DX9 mode, the settings could influence the behavior of FSX.

Correct, you have to delete these out, and then save your .cfg file.  As N.I. fully runs the show and all the settings you make, work in FSX  DX9, you don't need them to be there.

Anyone help me with this; only witnessed this issue with Aerosoft's EHAM under the new DX10 Fixer, not there when I revert to DX9 and I haven't a clue how to resolve. Removed re-installed airport scenery and moved up and down scenery library in FSX  all to no avail? Large flat square yellow area replacing ground textures, had to describe as wasn't able to attach picture.

Otherwise DX10 Fixer has made my FSX experience like a new flight simulator, simply amazing!!

Had the same yellow square a couple of days ago at Aerosoft EHAM along with shimmering grass (probably the underlying NL2000 trying to show through). Not sure how to fix it - maybe put the scenery slider in the fixer towards legacy?

Had the same yellow square a couple of days ago at Aerosoft EHAM along with shimmering grass (probably the underlying NL2000 trying to show through). Not sure how to fix it - maybe put the scenery slider in the fixer towards legacy?

Ok I will have a go, I did have NL2000 and uninstalled and replaced with FTXG so sounds like it may be the problem; let me know how you get on!

Thanks

You will certainly get what you describe if you have the slider beyond position 3 or you tick the 8 bit fix.

I shall probably remove the 8 bit fix as it causes more problems than it was worth, it was only intended as an option to quickly view a legacy aircraft with 8 bit textures before converting them.

I ticked the 8 bit texture fix box, so I guess I need to reverse that?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Interesting, that another member, Rob, is posting his FPS performance increase, since post install 'the fixer'...with Bloom on.  That's now a second claim of post install performance, behind mine.  Cool!

Maybe he also will find that it translates to DX9 (for whatever reason) as well as I found to be the case, and that he will be able to maintain that FPS Bloom 'boost' in either DX API.  I can't be all alone in this....my system is made up of units that anybody else could have installed, and in my system combination as posted under my 'My PC'.....

I too found that Bloom is not having the same impact on FPS in DX9 after installing the DX10 Fixer.  I posted details in your (Mitch's) thread to Steve.

Alexander Alonso

I too found that Bloom is not having the same impact on FPS in DX9 after installing the DX10 Fixer.  I posted details in your (Mitch's) thread to Steve.

:O

I ticked the 8 bit texture fix box, so I guess I need to reverse that?

Yes - it breaks much much more than it fixes.

Its only purpose was as a test function for some legacy aircraft to get them working before converting the 8bit textures to DXT1.   I never intended anyone to leave it set.

I switch to DX9 just to see if i have the same results and ...yes! I have double frame rate in DX9 than DX10! Almost 40+ in DX9 and 20+ in DX10 at FSdreamteam KLAX (on the ground)!

Before the fix i had 20fps in DX9. And until now i never managed even with the lowest settings to get DX10 to frames over 20! And i remember with the free patches to have 40+ fps.

So maybe something in the Fixer is in reverse mode?  

I switch to DX9 just to see if i have the same results and ...yes! I have double frame rate in DX9 than DX10! Almost 40+ in DX9 and 20+ in DX10 at FSdreamteam KLAX (on the ground)!

Before the fix i had 20fps in DX9. And until now i never managed even with the lowest settings to get DX10 to frames over 20! And i remember with the free patches to have 40+ fps.

So maybe something in the Fixer is in reverse mode?  

3 people with the same experience? I think we're on to something!!!

Did you guys kept fixer libraries installed and all the shader fixes ticked including compatible lights before switching back to DX9? I Uninstalled the libraries and unticked all the shaders before I switched back to DX9 and the performance is smooooth, but it isn't better. I will try the bloom later on.

Anyway I've tried everything to get DX10 working properly with the fixer, but with no luck, lots of stutters, and NGX 737 performance is awful in DX10.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.