Sign in to follow this  
FlyAndFight

AI strobe lights not functioning

I have installed the DX-10 Fixer and flew a night flight and noticed that the skies were empty of AI aircraft, or at least I thought so.  I then noticed that the aircraft were there but had no functioning strobe lights.   Once they got within 10 miles, I would see their flight info header in the sky (flight destinations, altitude, speed, etc...)

Is this a known problem?   If so, could someone please share the fix?

Outside of this, the DX-10 Fixer appears to be working perfectly so far.

Thanks!

Alexander Alonso

I am suffering from the same problem, Alexander. I am hoping that a fix is in the works, or that someone can tell me how to solve the problem.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have the same issue too. However, its not that they aren't working, they are too dim, or something of the sort. I have yet to hear about a fix for this, or way to brighten these up in the distance.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Ah, good to know that I'm not the only one suffering with this quirk.

I am using MyTraffic 5.4C as my A.I. traffic program.  I can experiment tonight with WOAI and see if I'm getting the same problem with that AI program.

And by the way, I did not have this problem with the free version of Steve's DX-10 Fix.

Alexander Alonso

Just bumping this one up to see if there is a fix in the works, if possible.

Thanks

Alexander Alonso

I tried the ballast light-thing, but it does not work, so I have resorted to disabling "DX10 Compatible Lights and Effects". This gives me back the nice ai strobe lights, but of course reintroduces the problem with the blinking street lights in ORBX regions. But the FTX Global lights still work great, so I just stay away from the ORBX regions (at least during night time).

I hope this can be looked into and fixed (if possible), though.

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

Just bumping this one up to see if there is a fix in the works, if possible.

Thanks

I agree that what you report is true. No obvious solution springs to mind. I guess that what we need to do is work out the nav lights that the AI uses, merge them with a ballast light and then add them as excludes in the effect conversion process.

I will experiment and report back but it will be next week

Not a solution but a "workaround": when the shockwave 3D lights are used on the AI traffic, they are perfectly fine. It seems then, that what's going wrong with the default lights is not true with the shockwave lights. Maybe this helps to get the things sorted out for Steve...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I do see external lights on my ultimate traffic 2 ai but they dissapear every few seconds and come back in about 5 seconds, this continues hope it can be fixed

wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Just looked at my MTX 5.4c - the A320 Airbus aircraft.cfg, and there's a [Lights] folder there, so I imagine all that would be necessary, is to copy the [Lights] section from a normal user A320 into the cfg, and all lights should work. Possibly the ballast mod might have to go in?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Steve

Why would the strobes and nav lights on the Ai planes be disappearing for 5+ seconds then coming back continuously also they don't seem to flash but stay illuminated when on also, they should flash anyway shouldn't they so maybe the timing is all screwed up for some reason

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Steve

Most interesting I noticed when I turn all aircraft lights on the strobes and nav lights turn on on the ai aircraft and they work properly as soon as I turn off all my lights so do the lights on the AI, weird

Wayne

Wayne such

Yes that's how messed up the DX10 effects system is.   The first one or two effects that use the FX2 texture inherit invisibility unless they have been converted using the ENABLE effects button.  Even then any FS8 aircraft with embedded lights or runways will still inherit invisibiity.  The best solution is to enable effects and add a ballast to your aircraft.

Does that mean adding a ballast light to ALL of them, Steve? I have a large database of AI planes, and as far as I can see none of them are displaying the navigation or strobe lights.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png