Sign in to follow this  
FlyAndFight

AI strobe lights not functioning

No you add it to your aircraft not the AI aircraft.

Currently assuming you have effects enabled the AI lights should be working but visibility is < 0.5nm (that is assuming that they are effect style lights and not embedded)

Disabling effects will make the AI lights work at distance  but you lose the nav lights on your plane.

If AI lights matter to you the best solution is to give up on your aircraft nav lights or convert the aircraft nav lights the old way with ballast lights.

Hi steve

Are you referring to disabling light effects in the dx10 fixer or a change in the aircraft config file

Thanks

Wayne

Hi steve

Are you referring to disabling light effects in the dx10 fixer or a change in the aircraft config file

Thanks

Wayne

Sounds like nothing can be done to fix this through the next dx10 fixer application update, is that correct that its something you cant directly fix, thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I think it's worth pointing out here that the instructions for adding a ballast light are slightly misleading. The manual makes it look like you only have to point it at the AIRPLANES folder, but in fact it needs to be pointed to the specific aircraft folder within the AIRPLANES folder for it to add the ballast light statement to the config file. That may sound obvious, but I assumed that the utility automatically added the ballast light statement to ALL of the aircraft in the folder.

I will check again to see if it has worked this time.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sorry Christopher we are at cross purposes here I was talking to someone else about adding a ballast to stop his ai blinking. You don't have that issue do you? Your problem is the ai range visibility.

The solution there is to merge the basic nav lights with ballasts, and disable their conversion. I said I would create instructions or create a package next week.

That's OK, Steve. If you are in the process of sorting it out, then I will leave you to it!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png