Sign in to follow this  
pty1973cm

Adjusting Brightness globally within FSX

Hi!

Anybody knows of a way to adjust the brightness within FSX? The virtual cockpit sometimes looks extremely dark, making it difficult to read some of the rendered dials and panels, this is even with buttons and flood lights turned up to max within the aircraft settings. This happens with several aircraft types.

Hi!

Anybody knows of a way to adjust the brightness within FSX? The virtual cockpit sometimes looks extremely dark, making it difficult to read some of the rendered dials and panels, this is even with buttons and flood lights turned up to max within the aircraft settings. This happens with several aircraft types.

Add on Gamma in nVidia settings, and, perhaps, move the monitor lower  :smile:

Dirk.

sweetfx

SweetFX is awesome if your system/hardware can handle it.

Dirk.

I found adjusting the Gamma and Contrast in Nvidia Control Panel  can give similar looks to  ENB  but without the problems associated. Certainly makes night lighting a lot better.

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

If you have the "Aircraft casts shadow at itself" option checked, you could try to disable that option. Also, I have experienced that running my monitor at the lowest possible brightness settings makes reading the labels a bit hard, so turning your monitor brightness higher could be a solution too.

I would do it at the monitor level unless you have the up all the way at this time. With my flat screen LCD, I can control so much including sharpness, black level, white balance etc.

Bob

I use a custom icc profile for FSX. That way I don't have to adjust anything on the monitor physically, I just switch profile in Windows before launching FSX.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

If you want to switch gamma/contrast/brightness settings rapidly (ie, have a seperate FSX / normal pair of settings) then I recommend a program called 'GaPa' (Gamma Panel), it lets you setup profiles and switch between them by right clicking on an icon in the icon tray (or you can assign keyboard shortcuts to switch to profiles).

You can get it here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/gamma_panel.html