Sign in to follow this  
KSATRoadWarrior

United flight pilot suffers fatal heart attack on Seattle-bound flight

United flight pilot suffers fatal heart attack on Seattle-bound flight; plane makes emergency landing

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/27/united-plane-makes-emergency-landing-after-pilot-has-heart-attack/

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

It's perhaps a good thing that the first officer actually performed the emergency landing rather than the plane...

It's a shame about that poor pilot. It happens far more frequently than is ever reported though.

My sincere condolences to the pilot's family and friends who are without doubt mourning their loss of a loved one.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

United flight pilot suffers fatal heart attack on Seattle-bound flight; plane makes emergency landing

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/27/united-plane-makes-emergency-landing-after-pilot-has-heart-attack/

Not that it matters, but the airline is quoted in the article as saying that the crew member was NOT the captain. Rather, they said that it was a crewmember "serving the 737." That suggests that it might not have even been one of the pilots.

I only knew of this from a CNN report earlier this morning. I should have read the linked article before replying. I should know better than to trust any 'breaking news report' or 'article headlines...'

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"as another passenger rushed to help get the plane safely to the ground"...........there are VARIOUS stories out on the web. Better that we wait and here from FTSB and hopefully get the facts. I have read pilot, crew member, etc........sad event regardless for the families and a flight to remember for passengers.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD