DynamicSig[25].Value=f7fc

DynamicSig[26].Name=Additional Hang Signature 5

DynamicSig[26].Value=f7fc88831a14516a1a53b7dc654b9c89

DynamicSig[27].Name=Additional Hang Signature 6

DynamicSig[27].Value=0a03

DynamicSig[28].Name=Additional Hang Signature 7

DynamicSig[28].Value=0a0361110b548a85e6238b8d704beae7

UI[3]=Microsoft Flight Simulator® is not responding

UI[4]=Windows can check online for a solution. If you close the program, you might lose information.

UI[5]=Check for a solution and close the program

UI[6]=Check for a solution and close the program

UI[7]=Close the program

FriendlyEventName=Stopped responding and was closed

ConsentKey=AppHangXProcB1

AppName=Microsoft Flight Simulator®

AppPath=F:\fsx\fsx.exe

ReportDescription=A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Is happening now in flight every 20 min or so. Any thoughts??

Your report says nothing other than Acceleration hung at memory address f7fc.  Many AppHangs are caused by bad or corrupted drivers.  I would download and run a program that updates drivers.  I use Driver Scanner.  It freeware and will tell you what drivers are out of date.  If you want the program to automatically download and install the updates, then you will have to pay a small registration fee or, if you are knowledgeable of Google or Bing, you could search for the updated driver yourself and install it.  But at least it will tell you what drivers, if any, are out of date.  Windows Update does not update most hardware drivers.

Where did FSX hang at?  At the startup screen? Before the startup screen?  During the loading process?  If it was during the loading process then it could be a scenery or aircraft it is trying to load is missing textures or an object and trying to call it up but cannot find it.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It hung about 20 minutes after takeoff. I was able to get it going again but then hung again in cruise. Each time I had left the computer and came back to find a frozen screen. In other words, I was not making any control, keyboard, or mouse inputs at the time. Thanks for the quick response

I'm beginning to suspect the weather engine within REX if anyone else has experience with this.

Hey there Adam,

I am having this exact same problem.  The error report simply says FSX hangs, no DLL module or anything.  I also am beginning to suspect REX might be the problem. An uninstall and reinstall of rex has increased reliability but not 100%.  I still get random CTD.   I am not sure if the crash is happening when it tries to load weather as I don't notice exactly when the crash happens, but I really do think that it might be part of the problem.

The other thing that could be causing this problem is a network issue.  Do you run REX on a client computer?  I run a client setup with WideFS, FSInn, and a VA Acars client on a client computer.  I was having all sorts of CTD issues when I moved my flightsim to another room. I found part of the problem was both my computers are wireless and FSX was having huge problems with my wifi connection.  I moved my wifi closer to my FSX computers and my reliability has increased substantially.  I would begin to look at your network driver or your wifi health and see if that does not help fix the problem.  I might have to try running a hardwire network to see if reliability can be improved.  Let me know if you find any solutions to your problem.

Check DLL.XML for leftovers, enable simconnect log and look for errors - if you have leftovers then every application using simconnect may look suspicious to you :)

I was convinced that EZDOK is the culprit on my system, but after i cleaned up DLL.XML everything works perfect.

You can try to run this utility http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/what_is_hang.html

If you can replicate that situation with this application runing, we can get a nice report with a few possible causes

Hey there Adam,

I am having this exact same problem.  The error report simply says FSX hangs, no DLL module or anything.  I also am beginning to suspect REX might be the problem. An uninstall and reinstall of rex has increased reliability but not 100%.  I still get random CTD.   I am not sure if the crash is happening when it tries to load weather as I don't notice exactly when the crash happens, but I really do think that it might be part of the problem.

The other thing that could be causing this problem is a network issue.  Do you run REX on a client computer?  I run a client setup with WideFS, FSInn, and a VA Acars client on a client computer.  I was having all sorts of CTD issues when I moved my flightsim to another room. I found part of the problem was both my computers are wireless and FSX was having huge problems with my wifi connection.  I moved my wifi closer to my FSX computers and my reliability has increased substantially.  I would begin to look at your network driver or your wifi health and see if that does not help fix the problem.  I might have to try running a hardwire network to see if reliability can be improved.  Let me know if you find any solutions to your problem.

Thanks for your response. I've never had an issue with my network. It is a WiFi network and its not a client computer. I've never encountered this issue prior to installing REX. I suspect it has something to do with the weather engine auto updating. The computer is only 8 months old but will make sure all my drivers are up to date. I'm loading the exact same flight every time to make it easier to nail this problem down. Will perform the flight without REX running and report back. Best regards

Check DLL.XML for leftovers, enable simconnect log and look for errors - if you have leftovers then every application using simconnect may look suspicious to you :)

I was convinced that EZDOK is the culprit on my system, but after i cleaned up DLL.XML everything works perfect.

You can try to run this utility http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/what_is_hang.html

If you can replicate that situation with this application runing, we can get a nice report with a few possible causes

Downloaded said utility and will report back. Thanks for the info. Regards

Update! after 4 attempts to complete the KMDW to KORF run in my NGX 700, I was successful after disabling the WX Download feature in REX. This prevents the wx engine from accessing the internet during the sim session, although it still will access it on initial start up. Not declaring this fixed yet. Need to test some more. Regards

This same thing happened to me with AS2012 and the freezes stopped after disabling AS2012.  This has not happened since their latest update and since I built my current system (which is more powerful).  It's strange that it is just happening to you and no one else who owns REX (as far as we know).  Before the last update of AS2012, AS2012 developers indicated that you could access the AS2012 by starting up the default weather program as, once installed, it took over the default weather program too.  But this is no longer the case.  If I started the default weather program there was no freezes.  If I opened up AS2012, freezes.  This happened 100% of the time and I just said the heck with it and used the default weather.  You might check to see if REX takes over the default weather program too.  If so, you can just run that and activate real weather and the REX weather program options you selected should still work.  (Disclaimer:  I do not own REX so I'm making an educated.... okay, less than educated guess).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This same thing happened to me with AS2012 and the freezes stopped after disabling AS2012.  This has not happened since their latest update and since I built my current system (which is more powerful).  It's strange that it is just happening to you and no one else who owns REX (as far as we know).  Before the last update of AS2012, AS2012 developers indicated that you could access the AS2012 by starting up the default weather program as, once installed, it took over the default weather program too.  But this is no longer the case.  If I started the default weather program there was no freezes.  If I opened up AS2012, freezes.  This happened 100% of the time and I just said the heck with it and used the default weather.  You might check to see if REX takes over the default weather program too.  If so, you can just run that and activate real weather and the REX weather program options you selected should still work.  (Disclaimer:  I do not own REX so I'm making an educated.... okay, less than educated guess).

Best regards,

Jim

Well,LOL! these are all just educated guesses on my part as well. One of the main reasons I got REX was to get real weather. I suppose I might learn to accept running it in a weather theme mode of some sort. Had my sim running flawlessly for 8 months until I purchased and installed 2 PMDG products, REX, and FTXG. I downloaded an app hang utility that may shed some light on the situation should it occur again. The performance of the sim overall in terms of visuals, smoothness, FPS are the best I've managed in 15+ years of simming. I did find some fundamental flaws in my basic setup though, that I had assumed was correctly set such as my virtual paging file allocation settings so not all has been in vein. No longer suffering the memory related CTD I experienced so that's a plus. I've been loathe to pile too much on to the FSX platform layer cake precisely for stability reasons. Regards and thanks as always for your input and advice.