Sign in to follow this  
McLaren

DX10 and 8XSGS AA setting

What does 'can't handle' mean when you have a 780?   I can have OPUS give me a 70 mile setting full deck, and I am in the 27 FPS range on a 680 2 GB.  I am simply amazed when people with greater technology than myself, can't seem to match what I run with, and smoothly.

I run 8S AA, and a matching 8 SSGS. I keep 27 FPS with this, in DX10 or as of today, also  DX9.  I don't understand these posts.

CPU: i7-975 Extreme at 4.02 GHz

EVGA Signature Plus Overclock GTX 680 2 GB

12 megs of 1600 System RAM not overclocked.

And to this I would ask (not to disprove anything you said but to only to find a solution)...

Can you answer these?

What zoom do you use?

What plane are you in?

Are you in the cloud and how thick is that deck? because I can fly under or over at 8xSSAA but not through it smoothly.

Do you use REX Textures and what cloud is in your theme?

Do you use TrackIR and EZCA?

What resolution is your screen to start with?

Do you have vSync enabled?

Do you lock at 30 or run unlimited?

If you get a chance to answer, that might help alot!

Charles.

And to this I would ask (not to disprove anything you said but to only to find a solution)...

Can you answer these?

What zoom do you use?

What plane are you in?

Are you in the cloud and how thick is that deck? because I can fly under or over at 8xSSAA but not through it smoothly.

Charles.

Seeing his FSX.CFG might help us?

So I have tweaked my CFG file a bit and now I and getting good performance and acceptable visuals from my DX10 setup in clouds. I've Added BP=0 (from BP=1 plus a low reject threshold) and AF=84 (HT on) and VSync enabled. I am running with EZCA and Track IR. Screen resolution is 2560x1080. 

With 8xCSAA set in DX10 fixer and 8xSGS in Ni I will get a somewhat choppy 25-30 Frames, with 1/2 VSync FPS locked 30 in Ni, UNlimited in the Sim. With the same AA and VSync settings and 30 Locked in the sim, no setting in Ni I get the same result. With unlimited in the sim, Vsync set to "on" and 60 frames locked in Ni I get a bit smoother result (based on panning in the VC with Track IR). With 8xCSAA I still get some cockpit jaggies where as I get none with regular 8x AA in fixer (8 and 8 as opposed to 4 and 8) but I get much less fluid visuals in clouds. 

I can post a copy of my CFG later if anyone has suggestions. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

So I have tweaked my CFG file a bit and now I and getting good performance and acceptable visuals from my DX10 setup in clouds. I've Added BP=0 (from BP=1 plus a low reject threshold) and AF=84 (HT on) and VSync enabled. I am running with EZCA and Track IR. Screen resolution is 2560x1080.

With 8xCSAA set in DX10 fixer and 8xSGS in Ni I will get a somewhat choppy 25-30 Frames, with 1/2 VSync FPS locked 30 in Ni, UNlimited in the Sim. With the same AA and VSync settings and 30 Locked in the sim, no setting in Ni I get the same result. With unlimited in the sim, Vsync set to "on" and 60 frames locked in Ni I get a bit smoother result (based on panning in the VC with Track IR). With 8xCSAA I still get some cockpit jaggies where as I get none with regular 8x AA in fixer (8 and 8 as opposed to 4 and 8) but I get much less fluid visuals in clouds.

I can post a copy of my CFG later if anyone has suggestions.

8xSGSS in clouds and smooth? Maybe on the Titan. But I doubt it. I am guessing 4xAA with 4xSGSS is very smooth. I bet that's where you will settle.

Glad to see that 99 percent GPU usage is not just on the ATI cards when you go to 8XAA. Super sample just pushes these cards to the brink!

C.

8xSGSS in clouds and smooth? Maybe on the Titan. But I doubt it. I am guessing 4xAA with 4xSGSS is very smooth. I bet that's where you will settle.

Glad to see that 99 percent GPU usage is not just on the ATI cards when you go to 8XAA. Super sample just pushes these cards to the brink!

C.

I have the GTX780 SC 3GB onboard memory. With 8xCSAA and 8xSGS is is relatively smooth. I would say it is a bit less smooth then 32xAA in DXFixer and 4xSGS in NI but with the 8 and 8 setting I have less jaggies than with the 32 and 4. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

I have the GTX780 SC 3GB onboard memory. With 8xCSAA and 8xSGS is is relatively smooth. I would say it is a bit less smooth then 32xAA in DXFixer and 4xSGS in NI but with the 8 and 8 setting I have less jaggies than with the 32 and 4.

In the interest of knowing what video cards are available out there and how they'll play with FSX, I would like to send you a flight that I saved and you can tell me how well it works. What planes do you own... maybe we have the same one and we can test apples to apples so I know what to expect.

I have the PMDG 777 and 737 if you would like to use one of those for testing, 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

Can you answer these?

What zoom do you use?

What plane are you in?

Charles.

I am on my phone,so will answer your questions tomorrow.

Ive decided its time to ditch my Asus GTX660Ti OC TOP and go for a GTX770 or GTX680, I just cant seem to get frames above 20fps in heavy clouds at night with FTXG and the lights on etc.

3570K at 4.8Ghz

8Gb Ram

1680x1050

Standard cfg apart from bufferpools=0 

DX9 i have no issues at all mainting 30fps.

I have the PMDG 777 and 737 if you would like to use one of those for testing, 

Damn... I dont have those.

How about the Dukes? PMDG JS41? Any Carenado??

Charles.