Sign in to follow this  
Noel

For those who find taxi/landing lights too dim or absent in VC view

There's another thread here about this issue but I'm posting here in case others have noticed this issue.  Best solution or not I found that by installing 'Landing Lights' thru REX Essentials Plus illumination is fully restored.  Previously like some others here there were virtually NO landing lights visible thru the front screen in VC mode, but easy to see them in any exterior mode.  I don't know if I've overwritten the default lights by doing this, but I now it looks about as one would expect it to. 

If there's a better solution, I guess meaning restoring the lights that came w/ the T7 AND having them illuminate the ground as well please let us know. 

Cheers!

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

In my case with the PMDG 777 it is hit or miss.  Sometimes the Landing and Taxi lights are bright and other times they are dim. FSX, you gotta love it, cause there is nothing else.

There's another thread here about this issue but I'm posting here in case others have noticed this issue.  Best solution or not I found that by installing 'Landing Lights' thru REX Essentials Plus illumination is fully restored.  Previously like some others here there were virtually NO landing lights visible thru the front screen in VC mode, but easy to see them in any exterior mode.  I don't know if I've overwritten the default lights by doing this, but I now it looks about as one would expect it to. 

If there's a better solution, I guess meaning restoring the lights that came w/ the T7 AND having them illuminate the ground as well please let us know. 

Cheers!

It's completely impossible for REX to do anything to the 777's landing lights - they are 3D objects that are part of the model. What REX does is modify the default FSX texture/.fx file landing lights. We don't use those at all.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It's completely impossible for REX to do anything to the 777's landing lights - they are 3D objects that are part of the model. What REX does is modify the default FSX texture/.fx file landing lights. We don't use those at all.

A red herring then should be the only explanation.  I can tell you most certainly though, having taken the T7 up now maybe 15 times in late dusk or early dawn or night and see virtually no illumination for all of those flights.  I thought I'd look in REX because I remembered seeing something about Landing Lights and oddly from what you are saying, illumination was normal appearing.  Others have commented on this too you know I'm sure, i.e. thru the VC illumination can be virtually absent, yet when you toggle 2D view they are very bright.  I can see some dimming but I'm telling you they are virtually absent.  Is is possible the illumination value of T7's default lights was somehow altered the REX light textures were installed?  Grabbing at straws because I can tell you since doing this maneuver I've been out maybe 3 times and each time perfect lighting.   Anyway, OK at least it's as it should be now.  

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Yeah was earching for the lights section in the aircraft cfg, but the lights are part of the model, I personally think the lights are fine.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I have this issue too. In my case, I have the Advance Animation ticked and the landing/taxi light are visible and illuminating the ground in external view, but they are still invisible in VC.

Interestingly, I turn on the switches for taxi and langing light while at gate just to see if it works. It didn't work in the beginning, but after 3-5 mins it starts lighting up the ground in VC. Moreover, it seems like turing off the DOME light will make it work instantly. I guess now I just have to land and taxi with dome light off :)

Hope this helps

Michael

- Michael.

They will be off in VC, but when you land at your destination they are there iluminating the runway very brightly!.  There is a problem here for sure since several flyers are having the same issue.

Chemanuel

Moreover, it seems like turing off the DOME light will make it work instantly. I guess now I just have to land and taxi with dome light off :)
Hope this helps

Michael

OK interesting I didn't notice this.  Today I was getting ready to pushback at CYVR and once again, no illumination from the VC view, so I'm guessing my theory was a red herring indeed.  I'll look at the DOME light.  I can understand dimming the dome light is a good idea when exterior illumination is needed, but it strikes me as something either done over the top or inadvertently.  Thanks!

Noel