Sign in to follow this  
yacoub

2D Panel

The T7 does NOT have a 2D panel. It only has 2D-popups in the VC.

The T7 does NOT have a 2D panel. It only has 2D-popups in the VC.

Thank you Thomas for your prompt reply... will a good business for Track Ir

Sid Khezaz

It's up to you:

You can set up a "fixed" VC view on your primary monitor and shift all the 2D popups required to your secondary screen.

No TrackIR for me ... (and my 2nd monitor was cheaper!  :P  )

For a single monitor configuration:

Hold 'spacebar' and move your mouse ...

Thank you Thomas for your prompt reply... will a good business for Track Ir

You don't need a Track IR just because the plane is missing a 2D-panel. I use the hat-switch and the built in fixed views!

Works perfectly! ;-)

You don't need a Track IR just because the plane is missing a 2D-panel. I use the hat-switch and the built in fixed views!

Works perfectly! ;-)

Ok thank s for your advise

Sid Khezaz

My suggestion is shift+ctrl+backspace (or enter) to move the seat back a bit (not inside the seat) and maybe up a notch, then use spacebar+mouse movement or hatswitch (mix of both) to move the viewpoint around and spacebar+mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out.

I still like the 2D Panel in PMDG 737 models, but being a super aircraft like the 777, suppose I can adjust...

I have a problem or maybe I am not doing this incorrectly. With cockpit VC screen open, I use my mouse pointer, turns to + symbol in the middle of the FMS screen,  which opens a black shape at the bottom right of the screen for about 1ms then disappears...

As a matter of information, I followed all the settings for FSX in the Introduction manual..Also, I do have a HIGH END HARDWARE machine....I don't have this problem described above with the other PMDG model aircraft...

Any help on this matter would be appreciated...I have attempted to search the entire forum without finding any answers...

Bob FDX183

Bob Adams

3D panels are good while flying on cruise or non critical flight phases but require too zoom out for an overview of the runway on approach. We are left with a fine runway arriving at very high speed, which is totally unrealistic, especially by crosswinds. I stay on my preference for 2D panels and will not be customer of the PMDG T7.

3D panels are good while flying on cruise or non critical flight phases but require too zoom out for an overview of the runway on approach.

How are you "forced" to zoom out?  I actually zoom in to minimize the distortion.  A lot of simmers have this idea that you should see everything at once, and that's just not true.  All you really need is to have an indication of airspeed, and a view out the window.  That allows you to use about a 0.9 to 1.0 zoom level.

Kyle Rodgers

I tried to do that, even by moving back the point of view in the PMDG 737. If I want to see the main screens and the runway, I cannot zoom more than 0.5 or 0.6.

Also, I like to see the flaps position, the gear lights, the engines parameters. Not possible at once without a track ir.

If I want to see the main screens and the runway

Again: simism.

You do not need to see these, and in the real plane, you're not concentrating on them either.  If anything - as mentioned - you might glance at your airspeed from time to time, but your eyes should be outside.  You gain next to nothing by having all that extra information in view.

Also, I like to see the flaps position, the gear lights, the engines parameters. Not possible at once without a track ir.

During the approach?  Those are single check items.  Select a flap level, check the indicator, and you're done.  It's not like it's going to spontaneously change during your final approach.  Same goes for your gear.

As far as your engine parameters go, sure, the health of your engine is important, but you're definitely not operating the engine close to its limits that close to the ground, so it's not like you need to be careful about bumping up against red lines.  Additionally, if anything catastrophic does happen with the engines that close to the ground, your primary concern is getting the plane on the ground, which requires - you guessed it - your eyes outside.

It's not a practicality concern like most people believe.  It's just that people have gotten used to having all this unnecessary information in front of them to the point that the familiarity is being misinterpreted as realistic.  There's a reason the VC gets so distorted when you try to pay attention to so much information: a view like that is unrealistic - real plane or VC.

Kyle Rodgers