Sign in to follow this  
cattz

Undock window in full screen?

Is there an entry either in Nvidia inspector or the FSX.cfg where I can undock a window and move it to my second monitor? Right clicking, say, my AP from the Aerosoft twin otter does not give that option. In windowed mode it is an option and can move it over. I'm sure it used to be available but that may have been in the dark old days of DX9.

I've recently changed my graphics card to an OC'd Asus GTX 760. (any connection?)

Thank you.

I'm intereted too....

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

1. I could that in dx9 but never in dx10 preview

it simply doesnot work in my case

I use this all the time.  Here is the process I use.

1) Start in Windowed mode.

2) Undock the panel or panels you want to move to the second screen.

3) Move them over (best to use the PanelStore.exe program).  One click and they go to the second screen, correct place and size.

4) Now Alt-Tab or from the drop down list go to full screen.

Some notes:

In DX10 mode when you undock panels I have found you need to undock at least two of them or you get some strange mouse flickering issues.  These have now been fixed by Steve's DX10 fixer.

and finally, when shutting down FSX, first go back to windowed mode then close, otherwise your FSX may just load up the next time on the second screen.

One more thing, I have never been able to get SweetFX to work with two screens.

hope this helps.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks Mark, I'll give that a  try.

I always wondered why FSX started on the second monitor - must remember to go back to windowed before shutting down.

Later: Just tried this and it works fine but it is odd that it doesn't work with only 1 window being moved. Another odd thing about the mouse pointer; if I move 2 windows then delete 1 of them the pointer starts flickering and shows the windows 'little circle' with it. Moving the single window back it goes black.   :huh:

Still, all working. Thanks again Mark  :mellow:

there are more strange things

I have one card for 3 monitors and one for the rest

in dx9 3+1 = working fine

in dx 10 all screens are mixed up and useless

Goodness  - how many screens have you got  :O  ?

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, everything work fine in DX9, but black screen in undock Windows in DX10. Is there any fix out there ? 

I have the problem with and without Steve Fixer payware.

Franck

my situation is now perfect

I took away my second grafic card which was for extra screen like planning or teamspeak etc.

that causes the problem in dx 10

furthermore I had problems with vsync not working and was solved by a strange line in cfg file.

it is disablepreload=1 which take care of a good working scenery with vsync.

why I dont know but it is determed by some well known people in this fsx.

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, everything work fine in DX9, but black screen in undock Windows in DX10. Is there any fix out there ? 

I have the problem with and without Steve Fixer payware.

Franck

Are you using SweetFX? My understanding/experience is that undocking windows causes that problem. I had to completely remove SweetFX to correct... and just after I found settings I love.

Are you using SweetFX? My understanding/experience is that undocking windows causes that problem. I had to completely remove SweetFX to correct... and just after I found settings I love.

No I am not, only Steve DX10 fixer payware. I have partially solved my problem, I have unplugged my 2nd video card and put my 3rd monitor on the same 1st card, now I dont have the black screen anymore, but the problem now is that as soon as I click on undock the window, I loose 10 FPS. So I completly loose the benefit of DX10.

I was pointed out to visit this thread too. As I was having issues with DX-10. despite Steves patch.
Most items are gone, however, when I open up the GPS and drag that to the second monitor, it works, but I get that nasty turning, mouse pointer (as described above). I am interested in opening a GPS and  I wonder how to add that GPS twice. Because I do not see that option under view. It is selected or not.
If I press the ALT-TAB or ALT-ENTER buttons in case I would like to check the email or so, and go back to the flightsim, I see that the GPS is completely gone. Eventhough it is checked in the View menu.

I even wonder, if I could stretch the window over 2 monitors, when I would use the correcgt videocard. I have a GTX580, and I understood that I needed at least the GTX 680. Even better the 780.

Maybe someone can enlighten me a bit?

Rob