Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

All those things......

About what I thought of the CEO of Orbx can be found in post # 14 in the link below.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/65425-is-there-an-official-stance-yet-on-dx10-by-orbx/

I have said it all before, and he still belittles his customers on his forum. If I was the recipient of his comment, It would be the last time I went there.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

About what I thought of the CEO of Orbx can be found in post # 14 in the link below.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/65425-is-there-an-official-stance-yet-on-dx10-by-orbx/

I have said it all before, and he still belittles his customers on his forum. If I was the recipient of his comment, It would be the last time I went there.

Can you copy/paste his quote and the question asked, I can't access the link from this computer?

Can you copy/paste his quote and the question asked, I can't access the link from this computer?

Here is the Topic title Alain

Is there an "official" stance yet on DX10 by ORBX?

Post from user

"

To me (and no disrespect intended) ORBX operates very much on the "eye-candy" level (let's face it - the FSX world has never looked better!) - and the people that go for these kinds of add-ons are likely to be the same people that are seduced by DX10.

I suppose I'm committed to both - ORBX/FTX *and* DX10 - but I'd be interest to know what "the company view" is.

From JV

It's a bit premature.

There is no official stance.

Then the user go's on to sing the praises of DX10 and Obx together. And nothing he said was what I would consider offensive or anything. Nothing but praise.

Then this rude remark

JV

I would say it is you that is generating a lot of the hype

We understand you've drunk the DX10 cool-aide but curb your enthusiasm please.

I'll evaluate the pros and cons of DX10 and provide my honest feedback. As it stands right now from my perspective running FSX in DX10 Preview mode is not the magic nirvana bullet people proclaim it to be. I will reserve judgement until I spend more time with it, which I don't have right now.

User replied

I think that was uncalled for, personal and not befitting someone of your stature. You and I are going to have a mega fall out

*****************************************************************************************************

I left the user's username out for obvious reasons.

And fine coming from someone who has to use ENB in screen shots to sell his products.

And Steve has pulled the DX10 fixer from the FSS store. Now I wonder why JV has changed his stance on the DX10 fixer.

When people were having issues with FTX Global,in DX10, he was singing the praises of the "Fixer" as it was going to fix the lights issue in Global.

Now he seems very anti. When it suits.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I wish I could say that I'm floored by JV's answer but I can't, I understand he can run his business the way he want to but man....how can't he not hurt it. 

The way I see it is that he does not want to spend the effort and time this may required to make his sceneries fully (100%) DX10 compatible so from there come his answer about not having more time to evaluate DX10, do you remember his reply about FTXG light with DX10...granted that not everybody is using DX10 right now I think that more and more simmers will get onboard with DX10 if improvements still come from Steve, this DX10 fixer is already a success as it is right now with a lot of simmers.

We understand you've drunk the DX10 cool-aide but curb your enthusiasm please.

Was he not enthusiastic about Steve fixing his FTXG's light problem with the DX10 fixer?

Was he not enthusiastic about Steve fixing his FTXG's light problem with the DX10 fixer?

He was. Now he is not.

It's how the story goes it forums these days. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I just turn the other cheek and try to give people the benifit of the doubt. I don't have to prove myself to anyone on the Internet, so if people want to be a*holes, fine by me. What goes around comes around, eventually.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It's how the story goes it forums these days. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I just turn the other cheek and try to give people the benifit of the doubt. I don't have to prove myself to anyone on the Internet, so if people want to be a*holes, fine by me. What goes around comes around, eventually.

Man, do I agree!  I would not deprive myself of a software, that I know I want, merely because of any comments and/or company policies--- price today, price tomorrow, sale today, no sale tomorrow, etc.  If I want it...and am willing to pay the price, it gets downloaded. I only have to wish to have it work for me inside FSX.  People get so panty-knotted with what the developer is saying, not saying, and delivery of statement, rather than what is he/she offering...and will it embellish and advance the user's enjoyment of the FSX core product.  But..hey...each to their own... We all operate on different frequencies...

Nobody should by intent and design, should be rude to another by comment or action, but if that comes up...a good heavy coating of Thick Skin...is always helpful... :)

Basically I'm just happy that there are people out there trying to improve the sim. That said, I don't see anything wrong with having opinions about a product one has paid honest money for. There is however a limit to what makes sense to cririsize.

It is sad of course that the FS community isn't a strong united collective working together to create a better sim. But in the FS world as any other place where humans meet, egos will surface and spoil the party.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Basically I'm just happy that there are people out there trying to improve the sim. That said, I don't see anything wrong with having opinions about a product one has paid honest money for. There is however a limit to what makes sense to cririsize.

It is sad of course that the FS community isn't a strong united collective working together to create a better sim. But in the FS world as any other place where humans meet, egos will surface and spoil the party.

I agree.

One of my friend was verbally abused by her husband here and there before she got a divorce, not to many time, just enough to show her who was the boss.

I've never understood what she was complaining about, heck... he was just a little abusive verbally, she had a nice 3 stories house with 2 cars garage including 2 cars, a huge back yard in a nice wealthy community, a maid and on the top of it she did not have to work, there was always something he was doing to improve her way of living including giving her free gifts, the house was the best looking house around with plenty of eye candy around it like paved driveway, nice flowers all around, beautiful landscaping and more...I've never understood why she did not put up with him...

One of my friend was verbally abused by her husband here and there before she got a divorce, not to many time, just enough to show her who was the boss.

I've never understood what she was complaining about, heck... he was just a little abusive verbally, she had a nice 3 stories house with 2 cars garage including 2 cars, a huge back yard in a nice wealthy community, a maid and on the top of it she did not have to work, there was always something he was doing to improve her way of living including giving her free gifts, the house was the best looking house around with plenty of eye candy around it like paved driveway, nice flowers all around, beautiful landscaping and more...I've never understood why she did not put up with him...

...she probably has second thoughts now....as he was in the right for telling her off, for throwing that  table lamp, including a heavy book....at him, because he was cooking a dinner for her, after that full body massage he promised and gave her.....of which he did not get all the muscle groups to her consternation thereby: .......hitting him directly in the the eye, (causing its eventual loss....) and having to go and leave the room, to file a police report...of which on the way there, he had a road accident, and broke his leg...and then the ambulance carrying him to the hospital, went of the cliff at the curve in the road....breaking his right hip....causing him (as the sole breadwinner of the home, for she felt entitled, and refused to work) to be holed up for 9 months in recovery, thereby losing his job...the house, the two cars, the maid, and that big, beautiful back yard.......and she TOTALLY not getting over the loss of life style...walked out on him!   Yepper....it happens all the time in the best of neighborhoods!

....yeah Alain...what a little verbal abuse, and a chain of events...... will cause....(wink).

....yeah Alain...what a little verbal abuse, and a chain of events...... will cause....(wink).

You are probably right, I'm sure she's rethinking her position again, in all fairness he probably got a point by saying "She provoked me"  so she deserved the verbal abuse....he will probably say "Come back baby, it will never happen again" is in it what they are all saying...but it happen again....

rupture3.gif

Maybe it's just me, but I think spousal abuse (verbal or physical or both) should be left out of the forums because it's never OK.  Can we get off that topic please?  Thanks guys.

Allegory...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

As a moderator, I'm here to serve the masses.  Perhaps I'm being obtuse with the comparison, however, having witnessed the devastating and sometimes fatal effects of domestic violence in the criminal justice field, it's just not something I feel is appropriate to discuss lightly in a family forum where there may be some individuals who have been directly affected by domestic violence.