Sign in to follow this  
Azone

Question about installing FS Global 2010

This question is for anyone running FS Global 2010. I just received it today and installed it , total install was only about 2.5 hrs, which I understand was very quick. It should have been 21 GB for this FSX  install but my final is only 19.3 GB. 2275 files 16 folders.  When the second disc was loading it only ran for a few minutes before it asked for the third.  6 discs total.

Does this sound right?  All the correct folders show up in the scenery library but I'm wondering if there are   some files that didn't get loaded from that second disc.

any ideas?

You are OK.

Go and enjoy your new realistic worldwide terrain.

Now approaches to airports within/near mountainous terrain will be as they should have been from the beginning.

How long are your load times with global 2010. Mine gets stuck at 6% for ages. I also don't have 16 folders, I have about 6 and 14gb a data. The mesh seems to be fine though. I have just never had time to look into it properly.

-Iain Watson-

Its installed correctly ..thanks. My load times haven't changed and honestly the scenery hasn't changed much at all. I even moved the slider from 1 to 10 ms..no differences.

To be honest I really don't see much difference since adding this to FTX Global. It simply shuffles the peaks around a bit.

I should have just skipped this purchase and spent the 100 bucks on some regions.

Interesting. I have FSX default installed on my laptop I just compared a couple of locations with FTX Global on my desktop with all fSGlobal2010 unchecked..big difference.

I do believe if you are running FTX Global instead of FSX Default you aren't going to see much of a change in the terrain after adding FS Global 2010.

Global does nothing to mesh so he should be seeing a massive difference.

-Iain Watson-

Global does nothing to mesh so he should be seeing a massive difference.

Not seeing it .

Not seeing it .

Because you are flying in flat areas and at airports away from mountains.

Go to fly in mountaineous areas and airports near mountains or on plateaus, and you will see great differences.

Some such airports:

OAKB, LATI, UDYZ, LOWG, LOWI, LOWS, SLLP, LQMO, LQSA, LBSF, GVNP, SCFA, SCAR, SCCF, SCAT, SCDA, SCSE, SCEL, ZULS, ZUNZ, ZWWW, SKBO, SKCL, MROC, LDDU, LDSP, LDZD, MDPP, MDST, SEQM, MSLP, FGSL, HHMS, HAAB, LFLB, LFKJ, UGTB, UGKO, LGBL, LGSA, LGHI, LGIO, LGIR, LGKA, LGKL, LGKF, LGKZ, LGMT, LGSM, LGST, BGSF, BGBW, BGTL, MGGT, MTPP, MHTG, WAMM, OIKB, OIFM, OIKK, OISS, ORER, LLET, LIEE, OJAQ, UAAA, HKJK, RKPC, OLBA, FXMM, LWSK, LWOH, FIMP, MMHO, MMLP, MMMX, MMMY, MMPR, MMSD, MMTJ, ZMUB, LYPG, LYTV, FYWH, VNKT, VQPR, NZCH, NZWN, NZQN, MNMG, ENBR, ENBO, ENEV, ENNA, ENSB, ENTC, ENVA, AYNZ, AYPY, SPIM, LPPD, HRYR, LYNI, LZIB, LZKZ, LJLJ, LJMB, LECO, LEAL, LEBB, LEPP, LERS, LESO, GCXO, LEVC, FDMS, LSGG, LSZH, OSLK, UTAA, HTKJ, LTAC, LTAI, LTBJ, LTFE, LTCG, LTBS, KJAC, PAJN, KONT, SVMI, SVVA.

wow...did you type all that! ROFL!

You should see massive differences outside of the US. Fly around in Latin America, Asia, Africa and you will be shocked by the differences.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Nope , flew all over Asia and compared shots from before FS Global2010 and after only difference is the airport elevations get messed up. So you use the flattening tool and it puts it back in the original place.

I have FTXG installed and honestly it's so minimal adding FSGlobal to it it's not worth the 20GB added to your HD. 100 bucks wasted . I don't care what people say FTXG has it's own updated mesh from default FSX.

I posted shots in the Orbx release forum.

Mesh equals elevation data.

FTX Global has absolutely nothing to do with mesh. You are grossly misinformed and living a placebo seeing elevation differences with FTX Global.

On the other hand, FS Global 2010 (and ultimate) do have elevation data (that's all they are), and make massive difference to how you see terrain around you -> just as it is in reality.

wow...did you type all that! ROFL!

I don't see why you laugh. That post was meant to be very very serious.

^I wasn't actually ROFLing...but I respect that you take the hobby seriously...so do I.

@DoubleJ

Its more about accuracy of the data vs elevation, although that may factor in at times. But I should add, that I do agree with one thing. The amount of airport elevation issue's that I encountered resulted in me doing without these products...and personally I haven't really thought about it much anymore. Especially as developers like Orbx realease there own embeded mesh.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

The amount of airport elevation issues...

These are not issues.

The airports were grossly at the wrong altitude themselves, to begin with.

As was the terrain around them.

So when the terrain around them was positioned at the correct altitude (due to a product like FSGlobal2010 for example), it is natural for the grossly-wrong elevated airport to appear this way.

All you have to do is fix the airport's elevation with ADEX, which is very easy and can be done in literally two minutes.

All you have to do? If it's that easy, why doesn't FSGlobal do it. For $100 bucks for mesh software, I paid somebody to do that. I respect the fact that they added a elevation fixer, but instead of developing that, they should have just applied the mesh elevation fixes to all that airports that require it in the base package. I never did quite understand that. It's a a lot of work, but that's a lot of money.

Regardless, it won't matter soon, because according to JV at Orbx, the upcoming Global Vector will work hand in hand with Global mesh and will provide elevation fixes for all 24K+ airports. If this is accurate, this will be a huge boost for mesh products.

Regardless, it won't matter soon, because according to JV at Orbx, the upcoming Global Vector will work hand in hand with Global mesh and will provide elevation fixes for all 24K+ airports. If this is accurate, this will be a huge boost for mesh products.

Is there a link you can point to for this? This doesn't make any sense to me, as FTX-G Vector only lays down more accurate linear features (roads, rivers, coastlines  etc.)  on whatever mesh you are running - no correction for airports on the digital terrain model is included from what I have read so far...