Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

DX10 & Sweetfx settings

If anyone is running sweetfx with the DX10 fixer installed would you like to share some sweetfx settings? I had sweetfx set up really nice in DX9 but its horribly pixilated with DX10 been fidileing around and not getting anywhere and should SMAA been turned off in sweetfx or not?

Cheers Rod.

Here are mine. I'm very happy with my settings, looks real stunning.

But if I try someone else's it doesn't look very good most of the time, so I'm guessing it is somewhat dependent on several factors, like monitor, videocard, driver etc..

But you are welcome to try mine, I've put in a lot of time to get it right.

Thanks Mark will give them a shot, Feel like I'm heading into another tweaking fest just after getting DX9 just right oh well.

Cheers Rod.

Hello, i tried your settings but this is the result:

qalr.jpg

I use DX10 Scenery Fixer and with any kind of preset for SweetFX i have a result like this!

Could anyone help me?

Thanks

Hello, i tried your settings but this is the result:

qalr.jpg

I use DX10 Scenery Fixer and with any kind of preset for SweetFX i have a result like this!

Could anyone help me?

Thanks

You have a wrong sweetfx setting. Try remove dxgi.dll from the fsx main folder.

Zicheng Cai

:huh:   He won't have any SweetFX effects if he removes the DX10 dll!!

Fabio must have these settings enabled in order to get a normal pic. Once this is done it will brighten up properly. The way he has it now is the default setting.

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF

#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1    //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing :

I don't remember if Vibrance is on or off in order to get the "normal brightness". Mine is on at this moment, and this is how it looks:

#define USE_VIBRANCE      1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance 

To get these settings without using the crazy GUI interface just open up "SweetFX_settings.txt" (in the fsx root folder) and edit the two line to a "1", instead of a zero.

OK!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.