Sign in to follow this  
captain420

PFPX automatic runway detection like simbrief.com

Does PFPX have the ability to choose what the departing and arriving runways are according to your flight plan? Simbrief has this feature and it takes a lot of guess work out in having to figure out the correct SID/STAR for the appropriate runway. I'm hoping PFPX can generate a quick fligjt plan by simply entering in the departing airport and arriving airport and the rest is taken care of, including telling me the correct runway to use for departure and arrival. Usually I spend too much time flight planning, and not enough flying, which takes a lot of fun out of it for me. So I'm looking for an easy and quick solution to get a quick plan that will allow me to enjoy my flight.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I don't know if the quick planning was the aiming point of PFPX, Aaron.  :mellow:  Simbrief is great of course and my guess is that it takes a peak view into the local weather at the time of planning and then suggests a runway. So if your flight takes longer, the planning (regarding the landing rwy) will be more or less off since the wind and weather conditions might have changed.

But maybe they also perform a look at the forecasts, I don't know. Still, planning via Simbrief or even PFPX might indeed be a task for the folks wanting to spend some time on.. well, planning.

Yes it does. PFPX selects the right runway and SID/STAR according to the expected winds.

PFPX is quite well suited to create a fast and automatic OFP for your.

If you leave all the fancy options out PFPX can create an OFP in less then 1 minute.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg