Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

DX10+Bloom+Shade=WOW!

I read on the DX10 tweaking site, that my issue of FSX not starting while attempting DX10 stems from using a DX9 based shader or so, I tried to remove the files I associate with ENB, but still my FSX wouldn't start.

Any advice?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The only downside I see is darker cloud shadows during the day.

Thanks for that. I own Shade but stopped using it after a few weeks (if not days) but I only remembered doing so because of the VC also getting too dark. Unless you used a preset that made no difference at all. :rolleyes: So I was about to give Shade another try with DX10 when I read your remark and it suddenly came back to me: those dark clouds!!! Yikes! So thanks for saving me the time to install and uninstall everything again. :P

I read on the DX10 tweaking site, that my issue of FSX not starting while attempting DX10 stems from using a DX9 based shader or so, I tried to remove the files I associate with ENB, but still my FSX wouldn't start.

Any advice?

That's odd.  I remember DX10 working just fine when I left my ENB in the main FSX folder.  All I had to do was click the DX10 check box, press ok, and restart FSX.  That was before the DX10 fixer and just using Steve's free DX10 fix from this site.

Does FSX give you any error message when it won't start?

I've never heard of this problem and I'm stumped.  One thing you can try is PM PaulJ (he hangs out in this forum a lot) and see if he knows why.  He knows a lot about DX10.

Hopefully someone knows what's going on with your fsx installation.

Looking really good! Nice shade captured!

Cheers, Christoph

Thanks for that. I own Shade but stopped using it after a few weeks (if not days) but I only remembered doing so because of the VC also getting too dark. Unless you used a preset that made no difference at all. :rolleyes: So I was about to give Shade another try with DX10 when I read your remark and it suddenly came back to me: those dark clouds!!! Yikes! So thanks for saving me the time to install and uninstall everything again. :P

I hear ya.  It bothered me when I first got it, but after a while I got used to it.  I came across some presets that doesn't darken the clouds/cockpit much during the day.  They're very subtle during the day but very effective during dawn and dusk.

You know you can manually change the shadow value for daytime, right?  That would solve your issue with darker VC and cloud shadows while keeping Shade's sky/fog/light source color.

Hey Maurice,

I can see you're doing much much better with Shade than my poor soul...  :P I have DX10 shaders working good and since ENB is useless with 'em I just installed Shade to try it. But it seems so complicated for a novice user like me even after reading the User Guide.

If you don't mind and have an intention to help, can I ask you to advise me what to do after installation?! What steps should I take to get a final result?

Thanks!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Hey Maurice,

I can see you're doing much much better with Shade than my poor soul...  :P I have DX10 shaders working good and since ENB is useless with 'em I just installed Shade to try it. But it seems so complicated for a novice user like me even after reading the User Guide.

If you don't mind and have an intention to help, can I ask you to advise me what to do after installation?! What steps should I take to get a final result?

Thanks!

Hi Rustem,

I have returned to DX9 after doing some performance comparisons.  DX10 hits my system really hard when using complex airplanes like PMDG.  I'm getting better performance in DX9 using the BP=0 tweak.

I'm also using the ENB settings that was made for shade (located in the main shade folder under "goodies").

You start Shade the same way whether you're in DX9 or 10.

After installing Shade, you should see 3 icons created on your desktop.

To get Shade to inject its values into FSX, first open Shade by clicking on "Shade_GUI".

This takes you to the main Shade user interface.

From there, click on "Select Day 1 From a Preset".  A list of all the different Shade preset settings should pop up.  You can find more if you click on the folders called "what's new in version 1.0x".

Select one you want to try out and press ok or open.

Then, click on "Clone Day1 to Day2 through 10".  This will clone the preset you have chosen into all 10 days.  You can confirm this by clicking on the different days and they all should have the same title. 

Now all you have to do is click on the "Start Stuff" tab, then click on Start FSX.

Shade will now inject it's settings into FSX.  You should see a bar pop up while it injects its values before the FSX splash screen.

When you're finished flying and close FSX, you'll see the pop up bar again which will restore your previous FSX settings.

If the Shade presets happen to permanently get stuck in your FSX due to power outage or re-starting FSX before Shade has time to unload its settings, re-install your dawn, day, dusk, night sky textures from REX to reset your FSX settings.

Hope this helps.

It is nice to have shade with DX10 + Bloom, but unfortunately it cause an g3d.dll error. Without injecting shade it work perfect.

It is nice to have shade with DX10 + Bloom, but unfortunately it cause an g3d.dll error. Without injecting shade it work perfect.

You might check on the FSUIPC site - Pete Dowson has included a d3d.dll fix in his recent versions of FSUIPC. Ask if it applies to the free version.

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for the advice Paul. But I already have the full latest version of Pete's fsuipc. It still has the g3d.dll error when I inject shade. Shame though, I suppose all fsx rig react differently. 

I don't think FSUIPC is your problem.  I don't even think I have FSUIPC installed and it everything runs perfectly fine in DX10.

Doing alot of night flying ive become addicted to enb for pitch black nights. This is the one and only reason why im stuck with DX9 :P

Is there a way to get the same black night using DX10 at this moment?

This is what im talking about (pitch black nights):

night.jpg

Is there a way to get the same black night using DX10 at this moment?

I believe REX has an option for pitch black nights.  I think it's located in the options tab.  The one where you choose specific things to install.  After checking the pitch black box, re-install your night sky textures.