Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Who is using a 30' 2560x1600 monitor ?

What is the difference between the U3011 and the U3014? Is the latter the later version?

I understand that the '11 has a more visible anti-glare coating than the '14, some people complaining of a grainy picture. I've such a screen on my laptop, on a smaller scale of course. It is supposed to be better in the outside and in well lit rooms. Even considering that everything is not being equal (intrinsic luminosity, contrast etc.), suffice to say that I don't want any of that anymore.  The '14 has replaced the '11 anyway in the Dell product line.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Thanks all for your responses.

Again though, for those using 30 inch setups or even 3 screens, what processor speeds are you running and what are your GPU types?

Thanks

Thanks all for your responses.

Again though, for those using 30 inch setups or even 3 screens, what processor speeds are you running and what are your GPU types?

Thanks

If you look on the left under the avatars you will see members PC stats.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

For those that are worried about price, check Yamasaki cat leap, they are made in china just like the dells and use the exact same panel as the dell for a fraction of the cost. Over clock.net has a thread about them.

Here's some snap shots from mine for reference of viewing real estate.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/saraslave/

For reference, what zoom setting are you using?

For those that are worried about price, check Yamasaki cat leap, they are made in china just like the dells and use the exact same panel as the dell for a fraction of the cost. Over clock.net has a thread about them.

The difference is the build quality of the entire monitor (not just the panel) along with post sales support. 

Tom

It depends mostly on the aircraft,

Those shots vary between 0.60-0.80 depending on which one.

0.6 Tends to give the extruded appearance of 3d objects, noticeable on some of those,

but only did that to see a larger area for the shots.

Normally I find 0.8 does for most aircraft without any visual distortion for flying.

It a good question as the main benefit I see in the 2560x1600 format is to get as close as possible of zoom 1x, having still most of the lower panel, the front window and part of the upper panel.

BTW Sara splendid pictures, thank you for the link, dont you love cockpit shots !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

It depends mostly on the aircraft,

Those shots vary between 0.60-0.80 depending on which one.

0.6 Tends to give the extruded appearance of 3d objects, noticeable on some of those,

but only did that to see a larger area for the shots.

Normally I find 0.8 does for most aircraft without any visual distortion for flying.

I would agree, I mostly use .7 or .8 zoom. This gives the ability to see the entire window along with the full display in the VC.

Really...

It a good question as the main benefit I see in the 2560x1600 format is to get as close as possible of zoom 1x, having still most of the lower panel, the front window and part of the upper panel.

BTW Sara splendid pictures, thank you for the link, dont you love cockpit shots !

The exact benefit to flying with these large displays.

Tom

I've got a pair of CrossOver 30 inch 2560x1600 screens. They are like Yamasaki etc in that they are the same panels as LG but without the LG brand - you can get them /really/ cheap but that's a bit of a lottery. If you pay a little bit more you can get them certified as not having dead pixel clusters or bad backlight bleed...

The colour correction needed a bit of work but once that is done they are pretty decent screens - I got the pair for £1500 including Import Taxes from Korea in January.

I run them as a 5120x1600 EyeFinity display with my ATI HD7970. FPS is ok with reasonable settings - I actually find that my limitation for FSX settings is the dreaded OOM error, rather than FPS drops...

Setup looks like this: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/368608-pictures-of-our-fs9fsxxp-10-computers-and-cockpits/page-29#entry2578564

Geoff